Alarm Recommendations

Hi All,

Well after writing off my astra I now have a shiny new vectra :-) Of course I want to do whatever I can to stop some little scrote wandering off with it so I want to get an alarm installed ASAP. I had a clifford arrow 3 in the astra, but the piezo sensor was utter crap and was either way to sensitive or didn't go off when a window was put through, plus it seemed to false more in the rain!?. So I'm now in the market for a better alarm, still thinking of a clifford but could probably be persuaded otherwise. The features I require are;

Control of remote central locking (including deadlock from the remote) (already possible with factory central locking), Total closure of electric windows (already fitted), Movement and glass break sensor (possibly proximity as well) Plus most of the features that come with the arrow 3 but with less falsing!

Any recommendations would be great!

Cheers

Dan

Reply to
Dan Ricketts

They no longer make the Arrow 3 so your best bet is to get an Arrow 5 this looks like a good compromise from the old Arrow 3.

Ebay has them for around 100 quid, or if you pay in $ you can get it around

70 quid imported,

This morning the £1.00 is worth $1.91 thats amazing :)

Ron

Reply to
Ronny

get a half decent toad alarm.

Reply to
Theo

Don't bother, for three reasons :

A. If it's a new Vectra, your average junkie simply won't bother with it - they like old cars that are easy to get into. B. If someone specifically wants your Vectra, then they'll take it anyway - alarm or otherwise. C. It's a Vectra.

It's sometimes a good idea to fit some decent security to an old and/or unsecure and/or theft-target kind of car - but it's a waste of time and money on anything modern.

Reply to
Nom

Yeah but its not a clifford is it :)

I think the sound of the clifford is what everyone wants, they certainly arnt the most reliable of alarms, but the "chirp" they make is sooo famous,

Reply to
Ronny

Thought an alarm that 'chirped' was now illegal in the UK?

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Maybe? i don't know, but Clifford's have that distinctive sound, maybe on new cars, it might be

Reply to
Ronny

In news:MCvYb.1844$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfep2-win.server.ntli.net, Dan Ricketts decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

a rottweiler with a fire extinguisher.

IMO Car Alarms are a 99% waste of time. IF they go off, nobody bats an eyelid anyway. I spent a fortune on a full on Cat1 job on a car I had years ago, got home, was dozing peacefully on the couch, when I woke up my mum turned to me and said "Oh, Pete, was that your car alarm going off before?". Went out to the car and the local knobheads had thrust a steaming great screwdriver through the doorskin, levered out the doorlock, and appear to have lost their patience with the deadlocks (on an Escort, ffs, hardly rocket science).. Alarm didn't cause any grief to them at all, they just kept on goin regardless.

Heh, that and the fact it took less than 30 seconds to bypass the Cat1 alarm on the XJ-S.

Reply to
Pete M