Alfa Owners

What Alfas have you owned?

What has been your experience as far as breakdowns and problems go with the Alfas you have owned? How expensive are the spare parts? What's the insurance like?

Cheers

John

Reply to
John

I suggest you locate an alfa owners group.

Reply to
REMUS

Dude, like, maybe try being less direct with your questions?

Many people report that their Alfa Romeo had lots of niggling problems, the dealers were awful, spares and servicing was expensive and they'd probably not own one again...

...but that they also loved it.

Reply to
DervMan

I had a 156 V6 for a couple of years, from about 2 years old. It had a couple of problems when I bought it, and the garage that sold it to me paid for them to be fixed at my local dealer. The dealer turned out to be both incompetent and dishonest. After that, I serviced it myself and the only non-routine thing that needed replacing was the lambda sensor for an MOT (generic Bosch part, £100ish from a dealer) .

They are very nice cars, but I've never found anyone who has a good word to say about the dealers. If you get one, do your own maintenance.

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

Surprised our resident Alfa man hasn't been in yet,

Steve where are you?

Reply to
Rob

By the side of the road with the bonnet up.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Or hooning along a back road enjoying every minute of the car.

I like Alfa Romeos. I don't like the way they're sold as a peer to a BMW or Audi. They're not. They're delicate, they need tender loving care and not a car most company car Muppets should be given.

And the GT is sexy.

Reply to
DervMan

Aisle three, putting frozen peas away.