alfasud cloverleaf

in a shed we have an alfasud cloverleaf, not a bit of rust in site (no joke). one of the pepper pot wheels (original wheels) are missing which I might find and the engine is in bits.

What I really wanted to know is how much would it be worth with the rebuilt engine and all the wheels. (its the engine with the 2 twin choke Webber downdraughts on it)?

Reply to
Tim Fish

Ooh - you're tempting me here. An alfasu is truly a wonderful thing. Mine was probably a nail, but it was addictive all the same.

Reply to
John Fitzgerald

my dad used to race them and for some reason bought one and kept it in a shed until now.

do you recon you could get it on classic insurance?

so what sort of insurance level will it be?

Tim

Reply to
Tim Fish

Steve H is your man for all these questions - he'll be along soon :-)

Reply to
John Fitzgerald

If the car is pretty much corrosion free, has good paint and a nice interior - I reckon £2500 or so is a good starting point. Probably actually worth less, but if you were selling, I wouldn't start much lower than that.

Given the age of even the newest Sud, then classic insurance will be no problem. Expect to pay somewhere between £100 and £250 fully comp to insure it - depending on the age of the driver.

It'll be well worth sorting out, though. They're wonderful cars, with a cracking motor and tidy handling...... if you're planning on using it, I'd get it professionally undersealed / waxoyled, as it won't last long if you don't ;-)

Any chance of some piccies?

Reply to
SteveH

i'll see what i can do...

its very dusty...

This damn missing wheel is really bugging me though...

Tim

Reply to
Tim Fish

Hmmmm. Shouldn't be too hard to find one, though. Quite a lot of 'Sud parts floating around - most of 'em died from tin-worm.

You don't fancy a whole 33 16v for spares do you - complete with 4 nice Speedline 'pepperpot' alloys.......

A 'Sud would absolutely _fly_ with that engine ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

not sure whether to keep it standard because it is in such good nick.

we do have an alfa 33 4WD gearbox brand new in the shipping crate that we have been trying to shift fo a while!!

Tim

Reply to
Tim Fish