Alloy opinions

What do you think of these for my Swift? Bear in mind the car is black...

I'm pretty sure they'll gonna look wicked, especially since it currently sits on steelies with wheel trims, but wanted to get a second (and third and fourth etc) opinion

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

YKIMS

Reply to
Rob

Im not keen on any coloured alloys, apart from silver :(

Just my 2 cents :)

Reply to
Ronny

look good, esp. with a bit of black felt pen on the bad bits. ride might be bumpy though. First bid gets them then!!!

Reply to
Robert Knowles

Will see what they're like up close, but yeah, may try a bit of DIY touching-up.

I've agreed on a price with the bloke, so hopefully he wont be tempted by anyone else!!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Dark alloys just look like they haven't been cleaned.

Reply to
Lordy.UK

That's good then, because I dont like cleaning. It'll mean the colour is consistent all round rather than filthy black front wheels and slightly dirty, silver rear wheels! :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Might as well stick with what you've got then, if you're not interested in improving the appearance.

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Welcome to the darkside of modding ;-)

You'll be wanting a big Sub next :-D

Reply to
DanTXD

Monzas look good. Swifts rev well. Should be tidy with the wheels getting a quick refurb.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Errr why? I dont see the point in spending an hour cleaning the car each week when its just gonna get dirty again. It's not as though I'm out to win any awards. Whether its dirty or not, those alloys should look better than some steel wheels with wheel trims!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

not keen on dark alloys myself, you might aswell just get some regular steel wheels and remove the hubcaps. On a black car, nothing looks sexier than some nice shiny silver alloys.

Reply to
Bigus

I solved that problem by swapping them over F-R and in no time was driving on "dark alloys".

Reply to
Questions

Well it's too late now, I'm picking them up on Friday :)

I really like the design of the wheel, wasnt too sure about the colour at first but I now reckon it will look good. Also I need a new set of tyres anyway ready for the winter, which would cost £120, so for an extra £30 I get a set of alloys and tyres that would cost me over £400 new, couldnt say no really :)

Will post some pics when I put them on at the weekend. Along with the 480 which I'm picking up on saturday. Really need to get rid of the ZX. Looks like it'll be ebayed and I'll probably lose a bit of money. Stupid french cars!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Why what ? Seems fairly self-explanatory.

I was going to ask what the f*ck kind of stupid attitude that was, then I remembered your penchant for defending old bangers and resisting the trend towards newer machinery - which would actually benefit from being spruced up, visually speaking.

Yes indeed. You'll look like you have dirty alloys instead of dirty wheels.

Each to their own :)

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Not really, car's dont have to be gleaming to look good. And I'd rather be drinking beer at weekend than polishing the car!

1.3, 100bhp, light and go kart like handling - I cant really think of any new cars that can do that, so why would I want to spend £1ks on a new car that would be a comprimise, when a 15 year old one does the job perfectly for £700! And its a very very tidy example so it's hardly an old banger!

But you wont be able to tell the alloys are dirty, hence the benefit of black ones for lazy people like me:)

Indeed

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Like Grey bloody cars...

What is it with them!

Reply to
Andy R

1.3 litres eh ? And a whole 100bhp ?

That's because everyone else realised the game moved on, and that 1.3=20 litres and 100bhp was pathetic :)

No reason at all if you have no personal pride in your car. And judging by your apathy towards it, it's clear you don't.

--=20 Lordy.UK

Reply to
Lordy.UK

1.3 litres eh ? And a whole 100bhp ?

Yep. Why would I wont a heavy bloated modern car, with larger engine to make up for it being a lardarse? It's a car to get me to work and back, which it does well, it's good on petrol, good on insurance, cheap tax, starts first time, is a giggle to drive etc etc, its everything I want!

That's because everyone else realised the game moved on, and that 1.3 litres and 100bhp was pathetic :)

Well 130bhp/tonne aint too shabby. It'll do me for a little runabout.

No reason at all if you have no personal pride in your car. And judging by your apathy towards it, it's clear you don't.

And you think driving around in a new bland-mobile is taking pride in your car? Personally I'd call that being a sheep. I'll leave that to you middle aged types thanks. I prefer my cars with a bit more character.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Carl, quote properly, otherwise it looks like Lordy said that he prefers cars with character!

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan