An awesome Saxo...

No, seriously...

DanTXD

So he's spent 6 grand plus on a saxo, plus two weeks of time.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

No, his has spent 6 grand plus on a street legal space frame racer that just happens to wear a Saxo shell. I suppose you thought the same about the very similar built Skoda S110R shelled space framed big block V8 race car?

Reply to
Elder

Sausage gobbling, cum swallowing, salami riding, friend of dorothy, chutney ferret. I win, more words, more sylables. Oh and worst of all, you top posted.

Reply to
Elder

Nope, he's spent 11 grand plus - from page 3:

Kit:£5500 Car: £1100 Engine and Trans: £2800 ECU: £1200 Wheels n Tyres: £350

Reply to
Grant

Tight git. Spending the above then just:

Eh?

Reply to
DervMan

Must be running 4 factory supplied space savers. Or Cheap wheels and remoulds.

Most of the quality wheels I looked at for the Celica cost that much=20 nearly (for each wheel).

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Elder

That is per corner, right?

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Elder

There must an another world somewhere: no way on my earth that such a modification is at the cost of 6 kUKP.

Lets see: " This is the good bit. So far it has only cost:

1 Saxo £1100 2 Grooved discs £100 3 Z-cars kit £3000 4 Honda Type r Motor £2000 5 Custom ecu £1200

Only other costs i may have is a bit of paint inside, dial replacement and i will be fitting new seats and harnesses.

As for build time a regular spanner monkey could build one at home in 2 weeks, its that easy.

This is the first one off the production line so will keep you posted. "

So fitting and "a bit a paint" costs nothing? Sure...

Now my guess if a stupid Belgian would walk into Z-cars and order the same (not streetlegal in Belgium but what the heck) : as good as no change on a pile of banknotes amounting to 20 kUKP.

How many times did I hear things like "a regular spanner monkey could do this one at home in 2 weeks"

I like the bit "100 UKP for the grooved disks" however: those 100 UKP are important. I also see a purpose built fueltank. Is one available for 1 UKP at the supermarket? Please state the supermarket because the last purpose built fueltank I bought (not homolaged for racing) was around 1200 UKP...

Stop kidding yourselves please.

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Our 2cv racers were solded "ready to roll" at 1 million BF, (around 15 kUKP) and that's 7 years ago. It were winning cars, we were among the cheapest and hardly made a profit on it.

Since then prices did not drop. Go at Prodrive and they charge you happily 1000 UKP for a modified front suspensionarm.

The article is publicity, teasing. The technical stuff is good, shows what Z- cars can do. The rest -price wise- is bollocks and nearing the edge of fraud.

Like I see it Z-cars is building a demonstrator car. No labor costs, no development cost. Is that free it the UK?

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Bit expensive, the last purpose-built ally fuel tank I bought was £70 :)

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

Reply to
DanTXD

Hey I never said it was all true and a good idea - I just said it was cool :-)

Reply to
DanTXD

It's not really space framed, more or a monocock strengthened with a cage by the looks of it. My polo will eat it alive anyway. :)

Reply to
Depresion

Cheapest tyres I can find to fit my (strange sized) wheels for the Ibiza are a little over £79 a corner plus fitting. Pirelli are £106.

Reply to
Depresion

The last one I bought cost £3k but came with most of the other parts needed for a V8 car. The tank had £150 scribbled on it in felt tip ink. Before that I there was one at a show for £10 (all alu as well and nicely welded.)

Reply to
Depresion

If it were mine I'd have gone full cage with the door bars attached to the front struts, if I were going to all that bother. Those doorbars look a bit wankey...

Nice job though, but it's more 'wierd hybrid' than 'spaceframe racer' IMHO.

Reply to
Abo

Oh yeah, needs a turbo too :P

Reply to
Abo

I know where there's a spaceframed Mk2 Escort which is nice, especially because it's on a TVR Cerbera spaceframe :-D

Reply to
Pete M