And about time really

Started to forget what Usenet was.

Okay. Moved. Windows smashed on the Accord. Not good.

Decided to swap a relatively thirsty Accord for a pikey diesel. Went looking at 206 HDIs. Decided I couldn't cope with something that rattled and banged more than a 30 year old ex-supermodel. Instead, saw a dark blue Saab 9-3 2.2 TiD and decided I wanted it.

It's all very Saab-ish just as I remember the ones on the fleet in Norwich. Forget 0 to 60 mph, the air conditioning can do 28 to 20 in three minutes flat! It's *deliciously* rattly at idle and has a fantastic diesel chatter under load. But as standard, all that weight and so little power (115 bhp), it was chattering a lot. So it lasted a week before being chipped (not a proper chip just a tune box funky type thing). Now with a claimed 140 bhp, whatever, goes much much better. And it's quieter too. Mostly. But it doesn't seem to soot too much. :-(

Anyway it took BT three weeks to find us. Then another week to get the "broadband" hooked up. Then half a week to get a PCI wireless card. Then another day to get the wretched thing to work! And here I am...

What's been happening then? Apart from some diesel-hating gentleman getting a diesel...

Reply to
DervMan

Dervman... derv man... d e r v m a n...

Nope, not ringing a bell - you a noob?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Welcome back!

:( Still up North somewhere?

Good choice, I like them. Drove the 150bhp Sport one at work and liked it a lot. Not enough to buy one though :)

Got me another French car (well 2 actually, but I've given the other away now!). Broken properly once, dodgy electrics, have to use the rev counter to work out speed at the moment, but other than that it's great :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Ayup Derv, was getting worried, I even checked your site and googled to find out what'd happened to you :) What happened to the Honda's windows then ?

I had a dodgy moment last weekend when the rear wheel of the locost started squeaking, then got worse, only a couple of miles home but was a bit worried. When I took the wheel off, 3 of the 4 wheel studs had sheared level with the drum !

Ahem....

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

sod all really, i pissed of to daytona beach florida for 2 weeks a while back (was you around then?) and came back, posted bollocks, getting BMW fixed soon hopefully! and annoyed SteveH by being totally illiterate :)

Reply to
Vamp

No t'internet access... :-(

One night a quarter light was smashed. The next night, the nearside front window. They didn't take anything, nothing to take... and I like deadlocks.

LOL!

Could have been worse... much worse...

Reply to
DervMan

Sniffing diesel...

Reply to
DervMan

About a mile from where we were. A mile south I should say...

Not enough power? The 1.9 donk is a peach and of course can also be chipped... :)

Ahhha! 2 means 60. 3 means *cough*. :)

Reply to
DervMan

I bought a French car too. L-reg ZX TD for £160.. needed a balljoint for it's MOT. It'll keep me running around happily until my Saab 900T16 is back on the road. It's been off the road for over a year now :-( Just the rebuilt engine to drop in and the leather interior to fit, then it's MOT time

Sorry to hear about your honda. Bastards. Some bastard let 2 of my tyres down last night :-( In a supposedly posh area!!

Mike

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Of course it's from a posh street. No-one wants air from common tyres.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Wouldn't have thought they'd have wanted it from a shitty old goodyear on a old ZX in that case either

Mike

Reply to
Mike P

Yes. I suspect the first window was to see if there was an alarm and the second attempt was to try and nick something. Double locking is good.

Reply to
DervMan

So, have you ever thought of moving somewhere less pi.....

Wait. Nevermind. Disregard.

Reply to
Tom Robinson

Heh. We've just tried that! :-/