Anybody know anything about cobra alarms?

The alarm on the aero is playing up. I think it is the replacement fob that is buggered.

The fob is a Tech-tronics replacement. I found the receipt for it in the owners wallet.

This morning, went to unlock the car and the central locking wouldn't fire and the alarm wouldn't unset even the fob light seemed bright as ever, so I walked to Maplin got a couple of spare batteries, stuck one in and tested it. Unlocked and locked fine and the car started ok.

Got to work, and it locked ok.

Went to leave and it was just like before, so I gave Alison a call and she came out to Stockport, brought the spare battery tried swapping it, nothing this time.

If you open the door with the key, the alarm goes off, but I have no way of disarming it.

The fob is only 6 months or so old, but I reckon that is what is knackered.

The receipt says Cobra P19105 with the replacement remote number REMOTE418.

Does that cobra number sound like the alarm or the original fob model?

I need to get it sorted as the car is stuck in Stockport and Alison is going to be doing 40miles roundtrip just to run me in and save me 3 hours of trains just to get in in the morning. Can't ask her to do that for the rest of the week 80miles a day in rush hour when you are supposed to be on holiday is a bit crap.

Any suggestions.

Reply to
Elder

Cobra themselves can be quite handy. IIRC they're not a million miles from you, and are pretty useful on the phone provided you can prove who you are and that the car is yours.

Reply to
Pete M

Cheers Pete, will just have to get deafened while I stick my head arround the horn trying to model/code of the alarm.

Reply to
Elder

Cobra UK is based in Nottingham. Bugger.

Reply to
Elder

There's a bloke here who might be able to help

Pete M

I'm sure the alarm place in the estate on the roundabout by Mr. Smiths (who's name I can't remember) were Cobra dealers.

Reply to
Pete M

Ah yeah. I know the people you mean. Falcon is it?

Reply to
Elder

Think so.

Try speaking to Lee at Warrington Car Audio as well, tell him I recommended him (Mention the Mint Green Cosworth and he'll remember me)

Reply to
Pete M

Will he travel to Stockport though.

Reply to
Elder

No, but he'll probably tell you what you need to know to sort it.

Reply to
Pete M

Pete M

All original, no mods, except the boot lid is a different colour. The Aero has to stay. I just need to sort out this alarm.

The Saab mechanics are all good, as checked out at the service/HG work last week.

Reply to
Elder

That's not worth £1500 for a start, plus, IME "leaky radiator" is soon followed by head gasket failure on T16s. Happened to me twice. On top of that, it's the "ugly" 900 saloon. Ugh.

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

"Mike P" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Yep, I'll second that "Order a HG kit, you're gonna need it"...

Definitely overpriced, compared to my £500 3dr.

Reply to
Adrian

I've been looking for one for ages, not seen one at the price you paid. I should never have sold my last one :-(

Mike

Reply to
Mike P

Remember, my slightly oil leaky =A3300 T16 that only ever failed on=20 handbrake.

Still exists arround rochdale way and I think he only paid a couple of=20 hundred for it.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Elder

Yes, it looked in decent nick too when I saw pics of it. I know two of the I've had are still going strong. The ruby copy I had was a K-reg and was in very good nick. I got rid of it because it was pissing oil everywhere from the headgasket , about a litre a week. If the MOT hadn't been up at the same time, I'd have kept it. As it was, I got what I paid for it..

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

IME C900 prices are all over the place. The "future classic" s**te people were bandying around a while ago has really stuck in some owner's minds, and they think their alright example is a minter worth £3000...

Reply to
Doki

Unfortunatley practical performance cars have buggered up the 9000=20 market by telling everyone what a bargain 9k turbos are.

My =A3900 aero even with its faults is just about right priced. But any=20 nicer and they go upto nearly =A32k if you can find one.

Even the lesser models are fetching that price for full pressure turbos=20 and even light pressure turbos (because another couple of hundred will=20 take them higher than an Aero). They haven't helped by telling people to=20 buy a whole car if you just want an engine (They are building a MK2=20 Escort, with Saab 2.3 turbo engine, Omega box, and Volvo rear axle)=20 because they only cost peanuts. The peanuts price is rising because more=20 people want them, instead of just one "looney" getting it for pennies.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Elder