anyone ever seen or heard of one of these?

cos i've never heard or even seen one!

usual 80's turbo i guess making what 120bhp did they hehe anyone know anything bout them? and what kinda power they did have?

Reply to
Vamp

Calling Richard KilP...

He had one IIRC

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

wonder if that lump would fit in the midi van?

Reply to
Rob

They were similar, but not a direct swap for Chevette parts as they used a similar GM floorpan. One of the Retro rides guys has a Gulf colours Opel with Piazza turbo running gear. I think it was the second gen one that was Lotus fettled suspension wise.

Reply to
Elder

About 150bhp, nippy enough for the time but nothing especially exiting and, being a Vauxhall, not particularly inspiring handling. They were s**te back in the 80's and I wouldn't imagine they've improved much with age.

That's about it really, unremarkable except for being a bit of an oddball choice. I seem to remember we got the detuned one, the yank version had a lot more power.

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Id like to see anyone get spares for them.....

Reply to
StevieB

In news:6rmdnV0 snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net, Vamp wittered on forthwith;

IIRC there was a lot of Lotus input into them, but they still didn't handle or go particularly quickly. 130 mph, cost more than a Saab 900 Turbo when new, well equipped but rust like f*ck.

I used to see a girl whos dad had a Piazza Turbo but I pretty much ignored it, it's Jap and boring. S'pose I should have had a go really.

Reply to
Pete M

Same turbo engine was used in FWD Lotus 1989 M100 Elan.

Peter Hill

No it's not, it's a completely different engine in the Elan. The Piazza has a 2.0L engine and the Elan only had a 1.6L engine.

Reply to
Homer

It's the other way around according to Google, a derivation of that Elan engine was used in the Mk2 Piazza/Impulse, and as you said; the engine is the Piazza turbo that everyone remember is nothing to do with the one used in the Elan.

Reply to
Lordy.UK

They were a total flop. Gutless and handled like a pig on rollerskates. Often mistakenly advertised as a Holden Pizza over here.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston