anyone fully converted?

anyone ever converted safely from one make of car to another? has chet ever thought of having something not so french? will sleeker ever have another sleeker? will steve h ever by something that isn't an alfa? and would that 'hello' spamming tosser ever f*ck off? anyone know the answer to any of these?

as much as i consider other cars i can't find anything that draws me away from my MR2 turbo! when i looks at better more exspensive cars to upgrade to i think altezza RS200, supra tiwn turbo and if i ever had the cash nissan

350Z nismo kitted and rimmed!

whatever i look at i always get drawn towards Jap crap instead! as tempting and cheap as a volvo T5 is, it's just not RWD and Jap :(

Reply to
Vamp

I went from a Triumph to a Pug, to another Pug.

Might have summet different next :) I might even have an Acclaim Avon Turbo if i can find one, or even a photo of one, or the specs....

Reply to
DanTXD

Erm, yes.

Check my .sig.....

So far:

Alfa x 5 Fiat x 2 VW x 2 Ford x 1 Nissan x 1

Never doing either of the last 2 again, but I do have a soft spot for VAGs.

Reply to
SteveH

Actually i've owned 3 Peugeot Scooters as well :)

Reply to
DanTXD

I may. but I had a Skoda, then another Skoda, then a Saab, then the Celica (wish I had gotten an ST205 now), and now fancy another Saab.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Well I started on a Renault, kept it French with a couple of Pugs, borrowed a citroen for a while, brought a VW but couldnt insure it, so got a Ford, hated that so had a couple of Rovers, then a couple more Pugs, then a Volvo, then another Pug, then another Volvo, then a Toyota and alongside it another Ford. The Toyota is the only make I've owned just one car from (and been able to drive), and those Pugs keep popping up! I havent regretted any of them apart from the first Ford, and maybe the 205 XS coz i spent near enough every weekend fixing it (but it was worth it when it did go)

The nismo kitted 350Z would cost a fair bit, but I'd imagine you could find some dodgy places in Basildon or Chelmsford where you could get rimmed :)

I'm happy with what I've got for now, although if the insure company hadnt had tried screwing me over I would have had JackH's prelude! I said it before the XR, but my next car really should be something diesel and sensible that does more than 20mpg, but we shall see.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Started off driving 2CVs round fields then had not in any particular order..

Skoda Estelle 120L - fun, but kept overheating

2 X Lada 1200 Saloons - s**te 1.6 Capri - gold and rust. Door fell off 5 2CVs - just the coolest car ever made:-) Citroen GSA - nearly the weirdest car ever made Citroen Visa 652cc Audi Quattro Coupe. - WHY DID I SELL THIS CAR???? 4 Saab 900s - 16V Turbos. Fun, fast, thirsty but bloody great 2 Capri 2.8i - ha ha hahahahaha., 2 Passats Mondeo - dull as a dull thing at a dull exhibition. Handles well though Rover 416 auto - got it really cheap with T&T Suzuki Vitara - early mid life crisis Golf GTi MKII - fun, but gearbox died Citroen Xantia - good but shit at the same time Citroen ZX - nippy but french Alfasud - loved the noise of the engine and handling. Rotted to bits. Renault 5 GT Turbo - brilliant car. Pity it broke all the time Merc C200

Citroens and Saabs are my favourites though. Not had much else the last few years. I'd have another 'sud, but I really want an old 911 Turbo so I'm saving the pennies for one:-) Should have one buy next spring at this rate:-)))

Mike

Reply to
Mike P From the North

I made a fairly painless switch from Merc. to BMW :)

...not owned more than one of anything else, though I've driven several family Alfas and Micras.

RS200 is a niiiice car.

Alistair J Murray

Pax vobiscum.

Oh that, errm yes, several times.

Triumph, Alfa Romeo, Citroen, VW, BL, Land Rover, Honda, Jaguar, Ford.

And loads of them on lease/hire.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Sure have. Ford Escort Valiant Charger Ford Falcon Toyota Corsa GP Turbo Nissan Exa Jaguar XJ12L Toyota Landcruiser Mazda RX-7 Daihatsu Rocky Nissan Skyline R33 GTS-t Nissan Skyline R32 GTR Subaru WRX Wagon

And a bunch of others I can't remember. Looks like next car will be another Charger. But as a general rule once you have Jap you'll never turn back.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Yep. I went from Pug to Rover. Then I went back to Pug :)

I've got no brand-loyalty whatsoever though. It's very unlikely my next car will be French - the only one I'd consider if I were changing tomorrow, would be the Megane 225.

So just keep it for longer ! No reason to change it till you get bored of it, and/or you have to start fixing things.

Reply to
Nom

See of modern cars that I might be able to afford, the Megane with arse is actually one of the few that I like. I used to like Golfs, but the mk4 got too bloaty. Something about Pugs (apart from the 406 coupe) that doesn't look quite right to me, and after the SD1, I haven't really like the look of Rovers. The SD1 was great in a "different" way, but the P6 V8 is the one for me. Never really like Citroens after the 2cv/DS/CX era. The BX is OK, but not the same. After they they went bland, but are starting to rediscoverd fun again.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Where have you been for the last year or two? He's gone through a Primera, a Mk1 Golf Cabrio and a Passat.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Ford Escort Mk2 RS2000 estate > Ford Escort Mk3 1.3 (crashed the RS2000) > Saab 99 rally car > Ford Fiesta 950 (oops) > Rover 414 Si (old shape) > half a Bond Equipe > Ford Sierra GLS > Rover 416 Si (old shape) > Merc W124 200TE > Merc W124 300TE

4 Fords - latter 2 awful 1 interesting Saab - I remember racing a Capri 3.0 up the A1 one night from London to Peterborough 1 half-built Bond - it was free, but still a bad idea 2 Rovers - the wife has the latter one still 2 Mercs - the 300TE's fine.

David

Reply to
David Lane

A what?

David

Reply to
David Lane

Instead of an altezza RS200, can't you stick an Supra twin turbo lump into a Lexus IS200?

Of course it's easy to convert between makes. I haven't owned a RWD car yet (apart from the P6 which doesn't count as I drove it 200 miles at most and it wasn't powerful enough to enjoy the RWD-ness anyway).

I'd quite like a 200sx for RWD jollies, or an old non chavved E30 325. Done the Lancia thing and nothing will take me back to a Dedra as I've done them to death (almost literally). Had a go in an HF 4x4 and can imagine where an Integrale is better but not that convinced that it'd be a satisfying car to own overall.

I'd really like a turbocharged oldskool mini though. This one's nice:

fishman

I've had two Peugeot 305's, a Mazda RX-7, a Porsche 924 and now my Porsche

944...

But I just can't bring myself to get rid of my old 305 GTX!!! It really is The Greatest Car Ever ;)

Chris.

Reply to
Chris B

I don't like the ghetto-Megane *at* *all*. But the 225 is really pretty quick, and it makes a sensible amount of power, and it manages to look OK with the rims and kit.

I'd have one.

I can't actually think of *any* Citroens that I like the look of ! AX GT was ok in it's day, as was the ZX Volcane, and, er, that's it. All the newer ones are pretty horrible. Saxo would look OK, if it wasn't totally overshadowed by the *much* better looking 106 GTi.

Reply to
Nom

I've been converted away from a make. I will never, ever, ever own another Peugeot. Ever.

And I'm quite a Toyota convert, playing with my third Sera (but not 'mine'. Yet. A black one).

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

no where i just don't pay attention :)