anyone know where I should start looking for aluminium or stainless tube?

Nopw the IC has arrived it's time to start looking ofr pipework to plan the plumbing in.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Mines done in straight pieces of 3" stainless exhaust. I got them from a bloke/mate who makes custom exhausts. That doesn't really help you tho... I'm sure powerflow or whoever would sell you some bits?

-- Chet

HF Integrale 16v - Possibly sold, yey!1993 Renault 19 16v - Subtle extras like a T3 - But soon a fancy T28!1998 Audi A4 - For Sale

Reply to
Chet

Not a bad idea. just need to locate a local franchise.

I think I'm after 52mm, somewhere arround the 2" size for mating to the turbo and the throttle body.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

"Sleeker GT Phwoar" decided it was the right time to say:

Round here (but probably thanks to the offshore oil industry) the local scrap metal merchant has all sorts of interesting bits of stainless pipe in a variety of lengths, diameters and thicknesses, all with the serial numbers conveniently filed off.

Even more conveniently there are workshops all over the place who make bits for oil rigs. Some of them are quite happy to cut, bend and weld stainless, or indeed just about anything into all sorts of interesting shapes.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

In news: snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net, Sleeker GT Phwoar decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

LES Liverpool, or Lathom Motorcraft out by Parbold. They can both supply and make interesting things with pipework.

Alternatively, gimme a shout sometime and I'll squeak at a few of the mad bastard welders I know.

Reply to
Pete M

In article , snipped-for-privacy@blue-nopressedmeat-yonder.co.uk spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Thanks pete, they are names that I can chase up now. Fantastic.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

In article , snipped-for-privacy@cheerful.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Man in trilby and with pencil moustache open rain coat and says, "Wanna, buy an Oil rig, I'tsa gudden, Nudge Nudge, Wink, Wink, say no more"

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar