Astons for Shite old MR2 money.....

Just reading Practical Classics.

At a recent H&H auction an Aston DBS with 5.3 V8 and slushomatic sold for £2600.

OK, so the MOT runs out the end of August, but, it passed last year, how much could it fail on this time.....

Reply to
SteveH

Depends if the previous MOT was legit, and / or, the standard of the testers in both cases, really...

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

How bad was the fire?

Reply to
Depresion

Hey, over here, I've got a bonfire here for you to piss on too :-)

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

yes but shote old MR2 would be newer and for £2600 a non turbo MR2 would probably be in pretty good condition if say a 1990 MK2. the aston on the other hand would be asking for trouble! although i bet astons part prices are cheaper than toyota :)

Reply to
Vamp

Buy it and let us know.

Tom De Moor

PS How much could it fail? Everything between nothing and a scary, awful lot (or even some more).

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Heres a nice site for those who don't know much about the DBS (like me!)

It's not amazingly good looking imo, and I would rather buy a proper example of a car that old than £2600 on somthing that could potentially cost quite a bit more to put right.

Reply to
REMUS

Nope, but it'll do at a push if I can't find a Daewoo I like ;)

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Ah but the Aston "Special services" dept makes TTE and TRD seem like=20 greasy back street operations.

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

Sleeker GT Phwoar

It's you to be a future classic you will see infidel!

Reply to
REMUS

going*

I just woke up...

Reply to
REMUS

But its just a s**te old MR2 non-turbo. Whereas the Aston is an Aston :)

Reply to
DanTXD

Nah. It's an Aston shaped thing you shovel money into until your wife leaves you and you go insane.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

don't like it, cars that old have old suspension, old brakes and old powerplants which = s**te IMO

Reply to
Vamp

Well that is a sweeping generalisation, but I havn't driven enough cars older than me to offer a contradictory arguement. Although I would disagree with the suggestion that old powerplants are "s**te", just go and listen to a big block hemi V8 ticket over....

Reply to
REMUS

But it has a *huge* V8, and no emissions control stuff to strangle it.

Reply to
SteveH

Hopefully next week the Jensen will be back in my hands.. I'll borrow some quality microphones and a mini disc recorder and post the results.

7.2 V8, no emissions s**te, not much in the way of silencing... Ho yuss..
Reply to
Pete M

Can you post some pics too pweese!?

Reply to
REMUS

In news:db91me$a8o$ snipped-for-privacy@news5.svr.pol.co.uk, REMUS decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

I've got some somewhere.. I'll have to dig 'em out.

-- Pete M

Range Rover Vogue SE, Ford Capri (ressurection stalling) Porsche 911 3.2 (For Sale)

COSOC #5 Scouse Git extraordinaire. Liverpool, Great Britain

Reply to
Pete M

Any 'real' Aston tends to be a money pit. Cheap ones a deep pit. The V-8s, bottomless.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)