Astra Mk4 Coupe Turbo - Alarm problem

Hi,

I'm sometimes getting 4 beeps from the alarm siren when I turn my ignition off. The alarm is the standard fit CAT1, the car is a 2001 model.

Any ideas or is a trip to vauxhall needed :-(

Thanks,

Dave

Reply to
Dave

More than likely a faulty alarm siren, which is located behind the n/s/f wheel arch. There was a warranty replacement bulletin relating to them, covering a 3 year/60,000 mile limit. If you are lucky, you may just be inside this limit. If not, talk nicely to Vx customer services, and they may offer a contribution.

HTH

Anthony Remove eight from email to reply.

Reply to
Anthony Britt

Does it have a 3yr warranty ?

Reply to
Lee

Does it have a 3yr warranty ?

Reply to
Lee

Ooh thanks for that, it's booked in on Wednesday actually. I heard the sound from where you say, so it must be this. Warranty runs out in 1 month! Do you know of any bulletins relevant to this car - I want to squeeze everything I can out of them!

It's also in coz the range on the trip computer is reading higher than usual, had the traction light stay on a couple of times, fuel gauge sometimes sticks on quarter reading and heater sometimes doesn't come on immediately, comes on when I go over bumps. Drivers sidelight sometimes out too. And exhaust is blowing, think from the middle section. All booked in but I never trust dealers to sort rverything fully! Getting an MOT on Wednesday too..

Cheers,

Dave

Reply to
Dave

My experiences with warranties and main dealers suggest they will do the minimum necessary to fob you off for a month if it's anything too difficult for the tea lady to fix. Good luck.

___

DP

Oh dear.

They're not very reliable then ?

Reply to
Nom

Why should they avoid doing work?

We love warranty work because Vauxhall are happy to pay and the customer is happy because the work is free.

Reply to
Alan

Ask them to check the car for outstanding reworks/recalls on the Vauxhall Vxcare website/database. They should be happy to give you a printout showing that there is nothing outstanding.

Reply to
Alan

Isn't that just standard for any Vauxhall though. Not particularly a criticism of just the Astra Turbo.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

thats just one car out of many, dont get me started on ONE particular Ti I know of..

Reply to
Theo

Which Ti is that then?

LL

Reply to
LiviLion

Yes

Reply to
Dave

Reply to
Dave

It's been very reliable up to recently - a few electrical problems seem to have started. Otherwise it's been much better than previous fords and Citroen cars i've owned (not difficult I suppose!). I've had it just over 2 years. Had a coolant pipe bust, lost all coolant and needed a tow to garage. Exhaust manifold gasket leaked, front anti-roll bar bushes have been replaced. Otherwise just general servicing has been needed. Whether you'd call this reliable?? I haven't minded these few problems but I haven't had to pay for anything other than servicing & tyres, yet!!

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Great, will do. Thanks for letting me know this exists...

Dave

Reply to
Dave

no dont, please.

Reply to
Theo

Oh dear :(

On an almost new car, NOPE.

I was looking for an Astra Coupe Turbo next. I'm gonna do some more research first though - your story fills me with dread. Anti-roll bar bushes wore out already ? Exhaust manifold gasket would have cost BIG money if it wasn't under warranty. Ditto your current electrical problems :(

Reply to
Nom

Fuck me, All my C reg Volvo needed through the years was an MOT certificate, then the rust took over this year.. I did 200,000 miles in that car. The car did 340,000. It's first 100,000 was done by a Vet, up and down the farm tracks here looking up cows bums. I have an H reg one now at 80,000. Hasn't failed an MOT yet, and I expect to get another 200.000 out of this one too. At lthe very least. Pity they still don't do Vauxhall Caviliers, now they lasted the course, I'm thinking 1.8 mark 2's here.

Reply to
Stuart Gray