Attn Burgerman

What do you think of these features for a £400 aftermarket ECU?

CONVENIENCE: Utilizes factory input sensors Crank or distributor-triggered ignition Harness supplied Phone and email tech support Sensor & event datalogging

REFINMENT:

12x12 tuning tables (for both fuel and ignition) Barometric correction Independent dual-tables for VE and AFR target Stepper motor idle air control idle support for wild cams Knock control Closed-loop via wideband or narrowband O2 Total AFR correction (WOT + part throttle)

TUNING POWER/SAFETY: Manages up to 60psi boost

4x general on/off outputs (e.g. radiator fan, warning lights, nitrous arm/disarm) 2x tunable outputs (e.g boost control, progressive nitrous, water injection) Soft + hard cut rev limiters (fuel cut and spark retard) Boost limiter Ignition advance independently tunable from VE and AFR tables (rpm/MAP-sensitive) Launch/traction control Manual or auto-switched fuel/ignition tables (e.g. nitrous, race gas, water injection)
Reply to
REMUS

Sounds great a) if you know how to set it up PROPERLY (remember manufacturers spend many many months dyno and road testing the cars we drive with huge variety of expensive gear) b) you allow enough budget to buy enough decent roller time to do so!

I personally would have no worries, but I am not you!

How much?

Reply to
Burgerman

Well $660 from an engineer at U.S Rally Team which also includes boost control w/solenoid. It comes with software to work on mapping via laptop plus a suitable harness. It seems it has allot of potential as well, can't see any reason why I would need to replace it in the future plus I should be able to fit it to pretty much any car with an ecu as standard.

Reply to
REMUS
[snip]

That can get tricky. ECUs on a lot of cars control various other bits besides the engine, so you may end up needing to leave the old ECU in place and trying to get it to live happily alongside the aftermarket one. Things can get very complicated.

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp