ATTN : Sleeker

Get yourself some finance, and get a nice

It's a £35k car, and pretty much the flagship model, disregarding the Viggen. Some nutter's already lost ~£22k on it, so it's a steal for it's next buyer. Fully loaded with all the toys, and making the right power. New, low mileage, no maintenance costs, nice colour, nice looking. What could be better for your motorway commute ? Especially on a nice summer's day ?

Reply to
Nom

That is beautiful. Damned nice. Yes I would like it. Would I pay that much for a car. nope. At the very most stretch, I would even dream of borrowing, is =A36k. But damn, you are right, it is nice.

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

Sleeker GT Phwoar

They're £35k brand new?!?! Jeeeeez....

Reply to
getbent

Was very nearly getting excited by this.

Then I noticed the bit about the blown engine.

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

Sleeker GT Phwoar

More, if you take into account the dealer's cut...

Reply to
fishman

Yes. I like luxury cars cheap. The GT4 was a good few quid when new. About=20 double what you would pay for Scoob now.

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

Sleeker GT Phwoar

So Parkers say !

Yeah, I don't know why either :)

But it's rather nice at £12k !

Reply to
Nom

Yeah, I didn't think about that !

Who the hell buys these cars new ?!?!?! I wish I could afford to *lose* £22k every three years !

Reply to
Nom

I'd be tempted myself if I hadn't just changed :) Is it actually cheap, or do they all depreciate that much ?

Reply to
Nom

Yes. I like luxury cars cheap. The GT4 was a good few quid when new. About double what you would pay for Scoob now.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Crikey. I've always fancied the 9-3 Aero, or even the 9-5 but it's a bit lardy. But I wouldn't think of paying anywhere near that for a Saab.

Reply to
getbent

Yes, it is very nice at 12k. I'm now thinking about the £10k SWMBO paid for her Spider, I coulda chipped in the extra 2k for that Aero :)

Reply to
getbent

i see them everyday as the SAAB show room goes around my office. kinda boring i think but maybe it's because i see them ALL the time at work i dunno. there's a 9-3 at work with 252bhp stamped all over it i saw today, some kind of performance pack but it's right up by the roadside of the lot it sits on and reading it would involve moving off my ass :)

now the 350Z with GT pack and nismo kit is a VERY nice car and would be my choice in that price bracket at work with a bit of change too!

Reply to
Vamp

Don't know about that much, but they really do depreciate very quickly=20 for the first buyer.

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

Sleeker GT Phwoar

Can you see if the Saab roundel badges are black, rather than blue?

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Yup. My old 900 Turbo. Was close to =A320k new back in 1984 I reckon, maybe slightly less. I paid =A3325 for it. Really wish I had kept that car. At least the new owner is keeping to his word, and it restoring it. Has=20 it on SORN now.

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

Sleeker GT Phwoar

does that make a difference? i'll take a close look tomorrow :)

Reply to
Vamp

Yup. My old 900 Turbo. Was close to £20k new back in 1984 I reckon, maybe slightly less. I paid £325 for it. Really wish I had kept that car. At least the new owner is keeping to his word, and it restoring it. Has it on SORN now.

Reply to
Vamp

If you fancied a 9-5, try a 9000 later model (arround 1997). Aero or Anniversary 2.3 Full pressure if you fancy a manual, 2.3 Griffin or Anniversary auto full pressure if that floats your boat. aero and Manual Anniversary have 225bhp, the Griffins and auto Anniveraries have 220bhp, but a lot less torque, so the auto boxes don't eat themselves.

Small car physically, lighter, but more roomy inside, and just as tunable. Almost the same engine.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Big Difference Normal Saab bedges.

Can't find a black one now, but it is just black and silver. And I'm prtetty sure that was the Hirsch badging on the front along with the Hirsch Performance badge on the boot. Saab warrenties are unnaffected if you get your dealer to fit the Hirsch goodies.

Oh wait, found one.

Slight subtle difference. This is what Hirsch do to a Saab 9-5

Sleeker GT Phwoar