AUDI S3's

anyone know what kinda power these make? some nuttah at work has one and kept up with me easily off the lights. left me looking silly hehe. was pretty even but he seemed to have a tad more poke so i'm thinking a shade over 200bhp?

Reply to
Vamp

I think its 260bhp.

What car are you driving vamp ?

Reply to
johnbond

225bhp in the 1.8T ones, 240/250 IIRC once they changed to the 3.2 V6.
Reply to
Iridium

210bhp.

1.8 20v Turbo

Reply to
Chet

I thought they only got the 225bhp spec motor? They're 3.2 V6 now - same engine as the old R32.

Reply to
Iridium

Definately 210 for a while.

New ones are 2.0 turbo with 260ish

Reply to
Chet

The original was a little bit less than the TT presumably for marketing reasons. 207 bhp as I remember.

And they're all wheel drive so traction isn't a problem.

Oh and the ride is *well* harsh. I'd take your 328i any day.

Reply to
DervMan

Ah yea I forgot about them. So basically, it had 210, 225, 240 or 260 bhp heh. And 4wd. Really Vamp you did well for him not to pass you I guess!

Reply to
Iridium

the 4WD helped on the launch as he edged ahead then i started to catch then he started to ease away but only just not much in it. guess my 328 aint to shabby now hehe

Reply to
Vamp

E36 328 coupe (with new block and pistons from a lil engine prob hehe)

Reply to
Vamp

Nah they are 2.0T same engine as the all the VAG group use, just bigger turbo and cooling extras

Reply to
Ronny

They are quite a bit faster than a standard 2.8i, nearly a second faster

0-60 and lots more torque, most have been chipped up to 260+ bhp

They made a 210bhp version and a 225 bhp version, the new A3 is 265bhp and uses the new 2.0 turbo, same as all the VAG group now use

Audi TT had 2 versions too, a 180 BHP and 225BHP the difference between 225 bhp Audis is the uprated K04 turbo and an intercooler, they also make a 3.2 version which uses the same engine as a R32

Reply to
Ronny

Audi never made a 3.2 V6 S3, S3 production stopped in 2003, and they made a

3.2 S-Line which is like a sporty version of the A3.

The only S3's made had 210/225bhp and the 2007 S3 has 265,

All S3's have Turbo's

Reply to
Ronny

Any S3, 210, 225 or the new 260 bhp versions will eat any BMW 328.

Reply to
diy-newby

nerdy bugger and i think the one at work is a 225bhp jobby

Reply to
Vamp

obviously not. well ok i did say he eased ahead if you read it but only by fractions wasn't a mass gap at all not even a car length!

Reply to
Vamp

Irrelevant. The ride is hard as nails, the interior isn't all that comfortable either.

The only reason to have one is that it's moderately quick, whereas the 328i is almost as rapid, a purer drive on a wet twisty road and a damn sight more comfortable to live with.

Reply to
DervMan

depends what he means by "eat" if "eat" means ease away by not even a car length then yeah it did. i was probably more comfortable though...

Reply to
Vamp

Oh not to mention your BMW has proper six cylinder noise rather than sewing machine four cylinder VAG turbo noise.

I _really_ don't like Audis.

The S3 I borrowed for twenty minutes was a scream but I doubt I could live with it day in, day out. I'd rather have a Saab 9-3 Viggen. More power :-) more wheelspin :-) and more comfort :-p

Reply to
DervMan

You can't compare a 93 to a S3, the 93/95 is a comparable size to a A4 and I would say the opposite to you, having driven a 95 Aero HOT alot you just cant compare it too the A4.

A 2.0T A4 quattro is much better in almost every way, it's just as quick, build quality is far superior and price tags are almost the same.

I like SAAB's but they don't drive like an Audi, and the S3 I agree it is not a very nice drive, its very harsh, but really really quick, the interior on the old A3's is pretty poor too, and no comparison to a A4

Reply to
Ronny