Back in the UK

And I'm feeling tired, oddly enough. ;)

So, seven states between two cars (some in the family Toyota Prius, some in a rented Chevrolet Impala) and something like 2,000 miles.

I've discovered how rudimentary the Prius' traction control is. Go. Stop. Go. Stop. We averaged something like 49 mph / 49 mpg (US gallons), four up.

The Impala (3.9 V6 4A) needed its traction control and fortunately had an off button for it too. :) 53 mph / 32 mpg, two up... again US gallons.

The Impala used about the same amount of petrol as my four cylinder 1.8 Accord does...

Reply to
DervMan

That's s**te. I can get can that kind of Economy from the 206.

Reply to
DanTXD

49 mpUSg is ~59 mpUKg. But yes you could, only, not averaging the same speed, four up, with luggage...

The Prius uses less fuel in the city compared to the freeway too!

Reply to
DervMan

Well fair but driving like a gay you could probably get 50mpg.

Reply to
DanTXD

How would the position in which one holds the wheel change the fuel consumption? :-p

Reply to
DervMan

"DervMan" wrote in news:45320c5f$0$11067$ snipped-for-privacy@news.zen.co.uk:

It's not so much the hand position, as the fact of having your back seat down. :-)

Reply to
Tunku