Back to black / Armorall / Ground nut oil ?

Yep,

The Golf is full of black trim...

Any suggestions for your favourite trim ointment ?

My old tin of Cockpit spray has rendered it less 'grey' than before but I don't expect this to be a long term solution.

Bob Sherunckle

The Autoglym bumper care stuff works great and lasts for months between applications. Used it on the Capri.

Reply to
Conor

Black shoe polish with a sponge on the top. Lasts absolutely ages. I know about these things - I've had a Ka and a 2 MK2 GTIs...

Reply to
Doki

I use Black Wax on the Golf wheelarches / bumpers. Works fine.

I believe linseed oil is good.

Reply to
Pete M

It's melted near the bottom of the windscreen!

Reply to
Abo

Nooo.....

It's a special limited edition Wolfcack model. That panel gives enhanced airflow turbulance around the Karusel at the ring.

But only on every third Wednesday.

Do you people know nothing?....

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

I like peanut butter, but unless you try it you won't believe it. Gently warming with a heat gun can work as long as you don't melt anything. Or I've been told boiled linseed oil from B&Q etc works as well as peanut butter without smelling of peanuts.

Reply to
Elder

A little bit of tyre blackener works well too.

Reply to
DervMan

Kiwi shoe polish, the liquid variety. It's cheap and much better than any of the expensive crap sold in accessory shops. It also works well on external black plastic and on wiper arms. It works like car wax to make water bead up and run off as well and seems to extend trim life by many years.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Didn't see this earlier. Yep, I agree. I've used it on two Citroens, a Jag, the Ford and a Merc. All of them had black bumpers or rubber inserts and black external trim which had started to turn grey and the shoe polish has lasted for years.

Reply to
Steve Firth

On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 15:54:05 +0100, Steve Firth whimpered:

I use black shoe polish, and when it needs shining up again, one of those foam sponges for polishing any colour of shoe - it's just silicon on a pad. Works well for interiors too

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P