Back! Tuning question!

Can you imagine how upset Charlie would be with me?

Maybe more so with this one, especially the 18 Nebula rims too.

Wibble.

Reply to
DervMan

If she was forced to drive the Ka, and you got to drive that, probably grounds for divorce.

That is awesomely pimp :)

Reply to
DanTXD

Nebula. BBS two piece. Very very expensive when you kerb them. And the

235/40/18 tyres aren't cheap, and don't last long either....
Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Even with me?

Yah okay even with me! :)

Reply to
DervMan

Nah I wouldn't mind too much, heh.

'Tis pretty cool, eh? :p

Reply to
DervMan

You reckon?

I'll find out for real on Tuesday. On-paper performance figures look good - same peak power as the 75 TSpark, but faster both 0-60mph and top end.

Still tempted by the 180bhp chip though.

Alloys or chip.... decisions.

Reply to
SteveH

I was about to say something myself, you bastard.

At least this time I've bought a proper car, rather than some heap of s**te Nissan.

Always been a VW fan, and love the VAG build quality. But will the driving experience be all I want?

Tuesday's the big day.

Reply to
SteveH

Heh. I can remember when the Primera was:

"a good, solid, reliable, competent car. Very quick cross-country due to the excellent chassis set up (it was pretty much the best driving family car of it's time, and is still near the top of the pack). Bullet proof chain-driven engine, good spec, comfortable etc."

Anyone want to open a book on how long till the Passat gets a pasting? :)

Reply to
Grant

chip.

Reply to
Mason

Aye. It's all those, but yawn-inducingly dull once I'd done a few thousand miles in it. I still maintain that I could pilot that thing at quite silly speeds on the A465 (certainly faster than I can either of the Alfas) - but it used to send me to sleep. It was a nice spec., and screwed together pretty well, but Jap interiors are just not my thing.

I'll give it 6 months / 12k miles ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

Its gotta be a chip.

Get some fat steelies if you want more contact area, there's bound to be something VAG that runs wider rubber on steel with the same PCD, offset etc. I reckon they'll be a damn sight cheaper to buy, who gives a f*ck if you kerb them and although its a long time since I saw a car marooned on bricks for its alloys, less pichability built in.

A 13" steel wheel for my 205 was about £20 from Peugeot. Tyres are extra.

(c:

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I'm pretty sure, in true VAG style, the steels are the same size as the standard alloys. They just don't look as good. However, a 180bhp 'sleeper' on steels holds some wired sort of appeal.

Reply to
SteveH

Too bloody right!

Should we go loopy and fit the 1.7 Zetec-SE from the Puma into the Ka, we'll either continue running the XR2i rims, or we'll go to a steel rim.

Ford did use 15" steel rims for the Mondeo that should just slap on!

Reply to
DervMan

Well it's got a 12 month "warrenty" - does that cover boredom? :-)

Peter

-- "The humble bic biro draws 13 beards, 9 devil moustaches and 49 penises on newspapers in its lifetime."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

A friend has an ex-police V70 T5 and says he wishes he found an auto 'cos the manual is hard work.

Gareth

Reply to
Gareth A.

Volvo Owners insewerence is the way to go for big brick insurance.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Yep - I read somewhere that there's less valve area in the 1.8 20v than in many other manufacturers 1.8 16v hence limiting peak power - in fact the 1.8 VVC K series has more valve area...

Chip. It's winter, the alloys will do you no good and wait until spring.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Any idea what that equates to in terms of outright top end, and 0-60 times?

Tested actually achieved figures, rather than down the pub ones... ;-)

Reply to
JackH

Real tested figures are 162mph & 0-60 is anything from 5.5 seconds to

6.5 seconds, depending on traction!

5.5 seconds 0-60 is not brilliant for 300bhp, but the car is really heavy!

Reply to
runner180cc

You're saying the 150bhp 1.8T Petrol is "a great stinking shitload better" than the 150bhp 1.9T Derv, even though the Derv is vastly more economical ?

I think you must be faulty :) Same power, free economy. You can't go wrong !

Reply to
Nom