Back! Tuning question!

Oh, that one's plenty nice !

I have to say, even though it's not as big, I prefer the new S40. The interior is a real showstopper, and it's apparently a rather nice drive - Focus underneath and all that. Are they cheap yet ?

Reply to
Nom

The looks are more than worth it though. That's why folks like Ronny and I choose to run bigger rims :)

Reply to
Nom

Wasn't that deliberate though ? I was under the impression that the 1.8 20v had lots of "wierdness" cos it was specifically designed as a Turbo lump. It's got funny shaped insides too hasn't it ?

Reply to
Nom

So 6.5 then.

There is no way on earth a whapping great FWD barge like that can crack 60 in less than 6 seconds - especially without any kind of LSD (and no, the comedy TC doesn't count).

It would be BLOODY brilliant for a heavy FWD, if it could be achieved !

Reply to
Nom

0-60 times aren't important - it's the in-gear times that'll shine. 50-70 and 70-90 overtakes will be something else, with that kind of power and torque on tap :)
Reply to
Nom

It was. They then ran it as a NA lump for about 1.5yrs in the A4 and passat and other places until the truly dire exhaust emissions stopped em.

The 20v has effectively no squish area so HC's are high when not blown with a turbo and running afair bit of EGR.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

Maybe he's comparing it to the 90bhp version or something. I'd still personally choose the 90bhp TDI over the 150bhp 1.8T - definitely the 150bhp TDI over the 1.8T 150bhp. But if it was a choice between something like the

180bhp 1.8T and the 90bhp 1.9TDI - well you're talking double the power then :-)

Peter

-- "The humble bic biro draws 13 beards, 9 devil moustaches and 49 penises on newspapers in its lifetime."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

The traction control on the 850 is worse than useless. I was talking about RaceLogic!

If you doubt the times, ask Hamish at

The standard 850R will crack 0-60 in 6.7 seconds. So an extra 55bhp + shedloads of more torque counts for more than 0.2 seconds. A C70 T5 (similar weight) with the upgrade was timed at 5.2 seconds 0-60.

I'd be willing to put money on a 300bhp 850 being able to crack 60 in under 6 seconds with a pro driver, racelogic traction control and ideal variables.

Reply to
runner180cc

Quite possibly - this is Doki we're talking about, afterall :)

Reply to
Nom

Except that it won't.

The 6.7-second time is dictated by the car's traction - it's FWD with no fancy diff, so it doesn't launch well at all. If you slap a load more power in, then you still have exactly the same traction problem - the time will only decrease a very small amount !

Then his timing gear is VERY broken !!!!!

Take a look for yourself. Even teeny light cars with decent traction (Rover

200 Turbo, Civic Type-R, etc. etc.) can't crack the 6 second barrier.

As would I. But a Pro Driver, proper traction control, ideal variables, and

5.99 seconds, are very different to the above !
Reply to
Nom