BARGAIN OF THE YEAR - and some advice needed.

Won a reconditioned 1.8 Pinto short motor off Ebay for =A350 last week -=20 never been run. Went to pick it up today with some trepidation. Got=20 there and it looked OK but obviously, having the sump on, all I could=20 see were clean bores/piston crowns and a nice paintjob on the block.

Just had it to bits and it indeed has been completely reconditioned=20 with reground crank, new shells, new rings and has had all the core=20 plugs and the seals done.

Bloody bargain of the year for =A350.

Only problem is that I don't have and can't find a 1.8 head. So what I=20 was wondering for a Pinto is what would be better to put on, a standard=20

1.6 head or a 2.0 injection head? Obviously the 2.0i head is unleaded,=20 has bigger valves and a better cam profile but I think the 1.6 head=20 would give a higher compression ration however I'm not sure what the=20 differences are in combustion chamber volume. Does anyone know of a=20 webpage with them on for the 1.6/1.8/2L?

--=20 Conor

I'm really a nice guy. If I had friends, they would tell you.

Earn commission on online purchases, =A32.50 just for signing up:

Conor
1.6 head or a 2.0 injection head? Obviously the 2.0i head is unleaded, has bigger valves and a better cam profile but I think the 1.6 head would give a higher compression ration however I'm not sure what the differences are in combustion chamber volume. Does anyone know of a webpage with them on for the 1.6/1.8/2L?

No 1.8 but the 1.6 & 2.0 are here.

Homer

You will have Tom about to say that it's imposible to buy a short block pinto for less than £3k soon. ;)

Reply to
Depresion

LOL, found that in the myriad of bookmarks I have. Wondered what it was=20 for.=20