Bastards

You lot will probably find this amusing...

Got home from work yesterday to find that some cheeky bastard had put this under the wiper on the BX:

Looks like I've managed to upset the neighbours already with our fleet of cars!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Heh, do you live in a caravan? Do your neighbours also come round asking if you want your drive tarmaced, or if you have any knives needing sharpening?

If not, I doubt it's your neighbours that are taking note of the shed-factor of the contents of your drive, it's probably the pikeys. (c:

Reply to
Douglas Payne

You have to appreciate the funny side surely hehe :-)

Reply to
Iridium

I did think that, but I'm in a little surburban cul-de-sac - so thought the chances of any pikeys wandering round would be quite slim. Plus it was a day when it was only the BX on the drive - I could understand it if the Nova had been there too :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Oh, I do. But still, bastards!!

It has kinda motivated me to do some work on it though, which is good.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

I have a bx. What was the number?

Reply to
Burgerman

About 50p a minute or so.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I also have a bx :) damn their common

get that a lot at me mums, local scrap merchants chapping the door every month or so asking if she wants rid of the van :)

Reply to
Rob

Had a scrappy pikey bloke do that to me. "Got any scrap metal? And do you want me to take that car away?" "What car" "The red one" "You mean my normal car?".

I suspect he didn't know about how BXs sit when they're stopped...

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

It's rumoured that I once had a supply of something similar for use at car shows...

Reply to
DervMan

Blimey, even I haven't managed that yet.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

OK, so buy 4 more shells and part cars for peanuts. Scatter them librally in plain view for a few weeks.

Then shift the lot and ebay them or scrap them in. They will soon accept one or two.

Reply to
Elder

Maybe he did. My BX would only go right down front and back if you left it for more than a week or deliberately lowered it when you parked up.

If he thought it hadn't moved for more than a week, as far as he's concerned it may not have moved for months. They also have an (unjustfied IME) reputation for being very expensive to fix, so lowered BX = not moved in ages = broken = fair game.

Maybe not.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Nope - it's a 50p-per-minute phone line designed to get you to call and ensure that they make money from you. They'll then get the car from you for free and make more money.

Mind you, since there aren't many BX's left maybe they think they're all scrap.

David

Reply to
David Lane

Lucky they didn't see the matching one in the garage then :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs