Begining to fancy a Ford!!

Yes Henry hater me, probably as over the last couple of days I've seen 2 classic Mustangs and an F150. (I was looking at a Dodge Ram (the same modal that's in GT

4 with almost 200 words in the name) at the weekend but having seen the F150 I prefer it, and it wasn't even the quick Lightning modal)
Reply to
Depresion

Yeah, I'm quite partial to the F150 myself. I can't understand how anyone would disgrace it by actually putting things like spades n shit in the back :(

Ta, G.

Reply to
G-Man

In news:_jJee.26362$ snipped-for-privacy@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk, G-Man decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

IIRC our Excursion is based on the same chassis as the F150..

can you get the F150 with the 6.8 V10? That would be most amusing.

Reply to
Pete M

Doesn't the lightening model have some 400bhp or summet?

Reply to
DanTXD

Go for the Dodge Ram SRT-10. It's got 8.3 litres of V10...

Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

Straight out of the Viper :D

Reply to
DanTXD

No, 300bhp and 365lbs/ft, 5.4 litre 24 valve V8 'Triton'.

Reply to
DanTXD

380 iirc from a small 5.4l V8 (with a supercharger) which I think is the same basic unit they dumped into the GT.
Reply to
Depresion

I can only find the 300bhp version on the Ford US Trucks website?

Reply to
DanTXD

I can't find the lightning listed there.

Reply to
Depresion

See, you'll be after an Expedition next. And there's nothing wrong, and an awful lot right about the new Mustang. You can even change the colour of the dashboard lights.

Without having to change the lightbulb .

Reply to
Steve Firth

In news:1gw5u4m.1grko3mfehc7tN%%steve%@malloc.co.uk, Steve Firth decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

*snort*
Reply to
Pete M

There's an F-150 Lightning in York. Black.

Reply to
DervMan

Aye a few relatives have the F-150 over in California. One F-250 but I had to test drive the F-350 Super Heavy Duty with the PowerStroke diesel. :)

They're a utility vehicle where Charle comes from, so they're cheap. Lots of kids either fit 33" chrome rims with 400/10 profile tyres (okay okay but you get the idea) and then have it as low as low can be...

Or fit the same wheels with bigger profile tyres and jack the suspension up!

Oh and fit sufficient stereo equipment in the back that you could probably head on the East Coast...

Most are not especially quick in a straight line compared to the V6 or V8 sedan but then they don't need to be.

Reply to
DervMan

Go take photos of the one in York for me :)

Reply to
DanTXD

I need to catch it on a twisty road again. Significantly quicker in the straight bits and up hills, materially slower in the twisty stuff...

Reply to
DervMan

Well it is a bit of a barge :D

Reply to
DanTXD

But it's cool. In California, the cornering issue isn't really an issue because:

(a) you have to drive to find a corner (b) when you get there, somebody is always going slow and the police are _very_ keen on nicking foreign drivers cornering at speed .

Reply to
DervMan