Bi-fuel car info

Anyone know much about LPG. I have the chance to buy a Mondeo thats been professionally converted. I'm most interested because it has the potential to shave upto £20 off my weekly fuel bill. I've checked that there are some filling stations close by (and there is), so I see no reason to go for it. How easy is it to fit yourself assuming I miss the car in question? I understand the kits are about £500-£600.

Thanks

SilverB

Reply to
Ray Birch

Don't bother trying to do it yourself. I full fitted kit usually hovers around the thousand quid mark, so you're much better off paying a pro to do it.

Reply to
Nom

I actually went and bought the car last weekend. It's been fantastic so far. I reckon it's only going to cost me about £7 in fuel a week. I can't reccommend LPG enough to people. I know it's still early days yet, but so far so good. It's just a shame it's so expensive to have professionally fitted. You'd have to know you where going to keep the car for a long time to make it worthwhile. Why is it difficult to do yourself? I see that the kits come with some sort of device to enable you to test for leaks. I suppose that once installed you have to take them somewhere so that they can be certified safe though?

SilverB

Reply to
SilverB