bit OT adding a sub?

mines not 80's factory shit.

still not brill it's a sony MP30, no sub output mind so may change it for an alpine...

Reply to
Vamp

ah cheers for the heads up but was thinking of going for a amp kit which has all that stuff

Reply to
Vamp

Y'know what's really pissed me off? After all this talk of subs and stuff I've only gone and "volunteered" myself to put a load of subs and stuff into all the limos. Tomorrow, instead of being a day off, I've got to fit 3x Cerwin Vega 15" subs under one of the seats in the Excursion, and fit the amps etc.

I'll post pics of my amateur installation if I actually get round to fitting the bastards.

Reply to
Pete M

Cerwin Vega 15s? In a stretch excursion???

You need to get something a bit bigger....

try this

should fit /somewhere/ in the limo.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

hehe take pics though. i ordered a sub but want to find out if it's s**te before i say what it is as i got another in mind if i don't like it. can't hear quality of speakers well on the web can you :)

Reply to
Vamp

Heh, you could get about 3 18"s under the seat I'm fitting the 15"s under.. maybe 4 or 5..

It's the big bench seat along the side facing the bar.. underneath it is a huge box about 2ft by 8ft.. already made.. ideal for an easy sub installation. Even got aircon cold air vents under there which could be slightly diverted to cool the amps down..

Just a shame it's going to be a bit "budget"... 9 subs and 3 big enough amps ain't gonna be cheap..

Reply to
Pete M

but the fw800 isn't an 18...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

OMG. That is insane.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Ho hum.

I know two seperate people who've gone the speaker-output to amp route, and both sounded rubbish - one of them had a decent Clarion headunit too (but factory-fit, so no line-outs).

Both people ended up replacing the headunits for much better with-line-out ones, and the result was much improved.

It may well be the original headunits that were making it rubbish, but the point is, it WAS rubbish !

Reply to
Nom

It may well sound ok then. As I said, I've never tried amping the speaker outputs from a decent headunit !

Reply to
Nom

Perhaps. I don't remember having experience of any of those.

Anyhow, they're upmarket cars - I was just referring to average stuffs.

Granted - today's headunits aren't *too* bad, but probably because they tend to be CD-based these days. You can get away with any old s**te inside, if you're only gonna be playing tapes :)

Reply to
Nom

Thats not what you said. You always do this. You should be more like Steve Firth, when he's proved wrong he either admits it or sticks to his guns and starts insulting people, you just go all new Labour and just tell us thats not what you said.

Look up the thread a bit! At no point did you say "all average headunits are crap" did you?

Changing your mind and trying to disguse the fact just isn't cricket old boy!

(c:

I hear Tony Blair is looking for a new press secretary/puppeteer.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

You're right.

Correct.

Nah.

Yep.

Nah.

Correct.

Course it is - you should have learnt by now, to insert the words average/ordinary/usually/mainly/generally into my blanket statements.

Get with the times boy !

Reply to
Nom

I hate it when that happens - you come up with a perfectly good theory and spout a load of waffle about it, and then some bugger comes along as says "I've done it, and it doesn't work and you're wrong". Bastard.

Lalalalalala... I can't hear you.

Reply to
Albert T Cone