bleedin brakes

Is it possible / practical to just clamp the flexible lines near the caliper when removing the calipers for servicing? (I am changing the disks, and servicing the callipers at same time) I don't really want to mess about bleeding the system afterwards. The lines are metal braided affairs, and could I use a screwclamp? TY

PS.. TY to all who responded to my post re: electric fuel pump / evaporating fuel J

Reply to
Tim Mackey

You HAVE to bleed the system. The calipers will be full of air.

If you can't be arsed to do the job properly then don't do it at all. If you go ahead with this lpease tell me where you drive so I can ensure you're in front of me.

Reply to
Conor Turton

Of course. You have to do this, or you'll spill brake fluid everywhere.

Er, so how do you propose to remove the air that's "in front" of your clamp ? And in the calliper ?

"mess about" ? It takes 5 minutes to bleed the system !

In which case you can't clamp them anyway, for obvious reasons !

Reply to
Nom

TY for the info all. I didn't say I couldn't bleed the system, or that I couldn't be arsed- just wondered if I would need to that's all. Now I have my answers thank you. Sarcasm was not really appreciated...hmmm

Reply to
Tim Mackey

You havn't been here very long have you :)

What you should've done, is replied to Nom - mocking his car and stating yours is better, possibly whilst hurling some offensive language and abuse. :)

Reply to
Dan405

Probably just a quirk, but I don't like the idea of clamping a brake hose. I find some polythene over the fluid reservoir neck then the top screwed on will keep fluid loss (mess) to a minimum. If air can't get into the reservoir, fluid can't come out.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

snip

You're not from round these parts are you? ;-)

Reply to
Jamesy

No problem :)

If you don't like it, then go somewhere else. It's part-and-parcel of this group :)

Reply to
Nom

LOL

Reply to
Nom

seconded :)

Reply to
dojj

Agreed. And I certainly wouldn't do it to a braided one, since the braid is there to protect an easily-damaged plastic inner tube.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Johnston