BMW sold

sold today to someone on here for £1800 will kinda miss the old girl :(

Reply to
Vamp

Someone got a *real* bargain there I reckon. With the new block and regular maintenance, that will be good for another 10yrs/150k minimum.

JB

Reply to
JB

Did look nice in the pics...

Reply to
JackH

Let me guess... Mike P?

Reply to
JackH

Nice one. Although that seems horrendously cheap for what you get. Is that really all it was worth or was it low price for a quick sale?

My rusty old Rover made me £1200 at the weekend FFS!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Remember, I only got £350 for the Celsior in the end. And that was going to get pulled apart.

Reply to
Elder

Heh, I was kind of tempted but I'm not buying any more toys until I get a job again.

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

I got £300 for the dying Xant today, which wasn't bad at all. OK, it did have a new waterpump and cambelt recently but the steering's gone funny. Luckily a xantia nerd bought it and is going to fix it.

Mike p

Reply to
Mike P

Heh... I ought to be the same really.

Should find out tomorrow what the insurance want to offer as a settlement on the Passat tomorrow having spoken to the assessor this evening and almost choked on what he reckons its worth.

Reply to
JackH

well i've seen a few for around £2k locally and i just wanted it gone to be honest, it owed me £1800 on finance which i paid off on my credit card and the bill for that is due in the next week or so as well so i can now clear that and forget about it. like a big weight off my shoulders. was a nice car but running cost weren't exactly cheap! only BMW i'd consider again (other than a mini of course) is probably a 1 series, quite like them. and the

118d's are only 35 quid a year tax :)
Reply to
Vamp

That good or that bad?

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Kinhell. I should've bought that and sold this diesel heap of s**te.

Reply to
Doki

Bad

Reply to
JackH

Ouch. Sorry to hear that.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

It's not over til its over, as they say.

Have found a couple on eBay that are way over what I expected the value to be, so they'll be presented as evidence to the insurance company tomorrow.

I've also phoned today and instructed them that if they do not come up with a suitable value asap, they are to return the salvage to me whilst we wrangle over the value of it, and that I will, if they refuse to pay a fair value, insist that it's repaired at their expense and put back on the road.

Reply to
JackH

I used to work at an assessor's. They won't take ebay prices, nor any sort of auction price. However, owner club website / forum ads and autotrader are fine, so find the mintest, most service historied, cossetted example you can. God knows why because IMO ebay is a more realistic valuer of cars than asking prices...

Reply to
Doki

Sold, presumably?

Sounds like a plan.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

"JackH" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Since it's your insurance that's paying out for a crash that's your fault, I'm not sure that's an option. If it's already been flagged as CatB it definitely isn't.

Reply to
Adrian

It shouldn't Cat anything yet, unless Jack's agreed to have it written off. His other option would be cash in lieu of repair, whereby he keeps the car, and gets its book price minus scrap value, and does as he wishes with it, but that depends on how badly it's damaged.

Reply to
Doki

They've agreed to shift it back to my driveway if I want, which is what I'll be asking them to do tomorrow if we can't come to an agreement on the value.

I doubt it's a Cat B, tbh.

Reply to
JackH