Bollocks!

I've just bought a Sierra XR4x4. and it's in Dorset...

Hmm, this could be fun.

Reply to
Pete M

In article , snipped-for-privacy@blue-nopressedmeat-yonder.co.uk spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

I really don't believe you sometimes.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Whereabouts? I'll get it for you if you insure me as it wont be far from me :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

In news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de, Carl Gibbs decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Gillingham... but I'm afraid there's no way I'm insuring rally boy on something /that/ much fun to drive...

Reply to
Pete M

souls

you have to drive past my house :) give us a beep

Reply to
Ron

In article , snipped-for-privacy@blue-nopressedmeat-yonder.co.uk spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Put it on the roof of the merc, and drive it back, muppet.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

souls

GODAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!! There's an autocross next week as well :) Back to my Volvo 360 fantasies then.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Ace! Hope the centre diff / transfer box is working or you'll find it's not all that 4x4...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I had so much fun in mine, was the most fun car I owned - surprisingly good on fuel at motorway speeds too.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

In news: snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net, MeatballTurbo decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Heh, didn't need to, got my mate "Suicide" Ste to give me a lift. Cost me £50 in fuel for his Rover, but was worth it.

Reply to
Pete M

Indeed, I had a C plate one about 10 years ago, and that was a giggle...

This one seems to be a nice motor, I've just got in now, left Gillingham in Dorset at 1am, steady 85-90 all the way, filled the tank in Gillingham, have just under half a tank in it now :-)

Handles like they should as well, didn't thrash it too much on the country lanes in Dorset, but it seems to handle well at the sane(ish)[1] speeds I was using... kept having to stop and wait for Ste in his 820...

Reply to
Pete M

In news:ca2f2h$u6k$ snipped-for-privacy@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk, dojj decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

27.8 mpg at 90 mph, yeah, that's tragic for a 4x4 at 90 mph...
225 from there to my house, tyres are fine. 4x Avon posh jobs on it, been on it for about 5500 miles according to the history. Outside edges are very slightly scrubbed, insides are fine. Suspension is excellent, it was owned by an old geezer from Somerset who's listed everything he ever did to it. New lower arms (ball joints were worn) in 2001. It's done 5000 miles since.

Could do with the usual anti roll bar bushes. As for Cossie suspension, well, I did own a 500 bhp Cossie for a couple of years. I'm used to their foibles..

Box seems perfect, new clutch 1500 miles ago, new uj's on the front prop at the same time. Very slight whine from the box at about 115[2]... to be expected really.

Engine had a top end overhaul 2500 miles ago, new gaskets, valves, guides, and tappets done. One slightly noisy tappet, but it's a tappet, not a cam knock. Engine is dry as a bone externally. Blocked radiator caused the overhaul, so it got a new one of those too!

Geezer I bought it off only had it for three months. He mot'd and taxed it, went to Belgium and back, and flogged it to me.

I'm quite happy, and a bit tired.

Reply to
Pete M

Either the Avons are made of superglue, or the transfer box is A-ok. It drives a lot better than my last one did.. and that was 10 years ago..

Reply to
Pete M

In article , snipped-for-privacy@blue-nopressedmeat-yonder.co.uk spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Sounds like you got yourself a cracker. When is it for sale?

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

I once vaguely considered selling the Audi for a much newer Xsara HDI Estate.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I remember saying something nearly as amusing once. I'd driven half way up to Leeds to pick up a bargain Nova van (1.5TD Isuzu engine, 1 year's tax and MOT, genuine 44k, £300), and phoned the bloke up and he just started messing me about and being a complete tw@t. I remember saying to my mate who came with me "there goes that little dream of owning a nova van then".

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Pete M raved thus:

::

£360, nice one. I want one of these (or similar) for a cheapo track day car...

Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

Pete M raved thus:

:: I've just bought a Sierra XR4x4. and it's in Dorset...

So, how does a V6 4x4 Capri sound, then?

Reply to

Not as good as a twin turbo converted merc V8 Capri I'll wager.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Douglas Payne raved thus:

::: So, how does a V6 4x4 Capri sound, then? :: :: Not as good as a twin turbo converted merc V8 Capri I'll wager.

You've got me there...

Reply to