Bonnet vents

Has anyone tried installing vents into their bonnets which require you to cut the actual metal? And how have they faired against weathering?

I'm weighing up the pros and cons of buying either self adhesive vents or cut in ones.

Adhesive are less hassle and non permanent and a little cheaper, but I bet they also look cheap, plus wont stuff get stuck inside the vents?

Installation required vents will probably look better if I can do it well but if I c*ck it up then I'll need a new bonnet : /

Reply to
REMUS

how I would do it is thus..

go to scrappy and get second bonnet (right colour a plus)

install proper vents in new bonnet..

if looks good fit on car (1) (store old bonnet carefully so car can be restored to natural (non boy racered) if as and when wanted to sell it

jobs a goodun..

Lost

(1) if it looks shit retry or give up

Reply to
Lostin1999

Please don't say you just asked how to fit bonnet vents on a car? Perhaps my newsreader is playing up???

Reply to
ronny

Read boy, READ! I asked if anyone else had installed them and how they faired in the long term, I know how to cut a hole and put somthing in thank you very much.

Fix your bloody news reader...

Reply to
REMUS

Yeah its the best way even though i wasnt really asking for a guide, thanks anyway.

How much do you reckon a mrk 2 golf bonnet will cost? £20?

Reply to
REMUS

Try

they have put some on nova's with success

hth

Ronny

Reply to
ronny

Awww are you anoyyied with me :( I wub you ronny.

Reply to
REMUS

Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahaaaaa

See previous comments about baseball cap.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I dont wear a damn base ball cap... if you need proof come to the dyno get together and I will personally play you some misfits while you look over my totally un kev/chav'ish motor, with sexy twin Z3 bonnect vents that pawn you momma.

Reply to
REMUS

Golf 1.3?

Bwhahahahahahahhahaahahaha

Chav.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Your in danger of hurting my feelings Steve ;(

Like I said, i'll prove im not a chav when/if we meet at this dyno thing I can hopefully get organised.

Reply to
REMUS

glad I'm not going, I would turn up with baseball cap, 20" subs, cheap gold chains, burberry trousers, skanky looking mrs, gold clown necklace and a fistfull of sovereigns, then I would proceed to batter some of the regulars on here, you know who you are, TOSSERS!

Reply to
Theo

Phew, I'm also glad you're not going !

That's a very confident stance.

Seeing as there would be quite a lot of said regulars, and a single one of you, I think the odds would be rather against you managing to perform any battering ?

Who are they ?

And if that's what you think, then why are you here ?

Reply to
Nom

See about getting proper louvres or vents pressed in by a workshop, rather than using vents from anoter car.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Not me I hope :(

Reply to
Ronny

You not only seem to know the correct apparel, you also seem to have a strong grasp on the attitude.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Oh dear.

I suppose if you and I do turn up, you'll reach up to your full height and try to hit me in the kneecap.

Reply to
Steve Firth

There is nothing wrong with using vents from another vehicle if it's done right some of the best dubs I have seen use wing vents from the Merc Sprinter van. It must be hard to cut them out and weld the panel in smoothly but they do suit the cars nicely as that is where VW put the cold air intake on most of there cars (in the drivers side wing).

Reply to
Depresion

Oh agreed, welded in original vents from another other vehicle look great, but most people just bond/rivet/glass in plastic replicas that crack away, and look Tatty.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

I'm considering a vent in my bonnet but only if the custom radiator and intercooler don't bring the temps right down. (It's Ok unless I get stuck in traffic then the temp starts to clime) Still I have a spare bonnet to play with (don't ask why it was on ebay and cheap).

Reply to
Depresion