bout time too!

hate people that smoke and drive it's tacky and stupid and IMO very chav!

Reply to
Vamp

It won't be long before the government bans something you like doing.

When they do, I'll point and laugh.

Why do we need another rule for something that is already covered by driving with due care?

Reply to
SteveH

This is terrible. Can't use your phone, can't smoke, before long people will have to start using their indicators or something.

Reply to
Mark W

Or maybe not be allowed to smoke in company cars they hold meetings in.

Reply to
Elder

'they can now be prosecuted for driving without due care and attention'

They always have been able to prosecute for DWDCA...

Reply to
Abo

This already applies to company vehicles that carry passengers.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Ah, but what if the vehicle is stationary and the "visitor" never travels in it at all?

Reply to
Elder

Dunno. Of course many companies have no smoking policies in their vehicles anyway.

Just as an aside, it doesn't seem to have stopped London cabbies smoking.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

HR were surprised when they found out that some of us smoke in our cars.

My boss doesn't care - even if I smoke with her in it.[1]

If I know I'm taking an external business partner out in the car, I give it a bloody good clean and Febreezing the evening before.

I reckon HR will tighten up on this when the current fleet is replaced, though.

[1] Her reason being that 'you pay the tax, so treat it as your own. I wouldn't stop someone smoking in their own car.'
Reply to
SteveH

Bull, and furthermore, shit. If you can chew gum and walk you can smoke and drive.

Anyone for whom smoking a cigarette is too off-putting and affects their driving should not be on the road, with or without cigarette. End of.

:-i

Reply to
Jamesy

Oops.