brake discs

I've got a Focus. It's currently got standard discs and pads which are on their way out, so I'm looking for a replacements. I've seen a set of brembo discs for around £65. Anyone got opinions on brembo stuff? Also, what pads should I be looking at?

sorry for the vague questions, just after some of your knowledge people's insight!!

thanks

dave

Reply to
dave

In article , snipped-for-privacy@Anystuff.f.co.uk spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Brembo. Good thing. Ask Porsche, Skoda, Ferarri.

Good thing (did I say that already)

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

And Faulksperformance ;-).

Bremo are very good.

Reply to
**-**

So Brembo good, yes? :)

Okay, so what pads would I be best running with a pair of Brembo discs. Something that won't cover my wheels with dust would be nice!!

Reply to
dave

I thought M1155's were for Track and Tarmac rally only? And that they don't get warm enough in normal road driving to be gotten upto proper temperature.

The guys on Saab Scene and Saab Central seem to swear by Ferodo DS2500 for road, and DS3000 for track (or very heavily loaded car going quickly but again they are mean't to be track use only) on the ir Saabs.

EBC tend to be cheap. They work well but not for long as they wear real fast, and some people on here have had problems with the braking surface disintegrating real quick (breaking up, not wearing out).

I've just fitted Ferodo Premier (from Halfords, but I wanted something branded on thee, not Motorfactor pattern parts made from cardboard and compressed camel dung). Even though they are still bedding in, they are working quite well, just a little soft.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Not much bite. No sudden grab, and nail your face to the windscreen type stopping.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

New Caliper. No need to push the piston back. On the Saabs you actually wind it back to reset the handbrake adjuster rather than just push it back in.

Braking power is there. They don't feel spongey soft, just lighter soft, and not much bite.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Thats what I'm doing now. Not slamming on all the time, just trying to brake normally. Need to do about 500 miles for the pads to bed in properly, probably about 3 weeks driving.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

I'd recommend Tar-Oz pads.. they have lasted very well with me and average on dust levels.

Bigus

Reply to
Bigus

Assuming you wanna improve your brakes, then go for Grooved Discs - don't bother with drilled. Couple them with a set of decent pads. I highly recommend EBC's Turbogroove Discs, and Greenstuff pads - expect to pay about £150 for a pair of front discs and pads for your focus - phone

to buy em. If you're happy with your existing brakes, then pop down to your local motorfactor (look in the Yellow Pages to find them) - they'll sell you a pair of discs, and some Ferrodo pads, for less than £50.

Reply to
Nom

EBC Greenstuff - excellent stopping power, and very low dust output.

Reply to
Nom

The things you refer to, are caused by foolish folks using the very soft Greenstuff pads, on heavy/quick cars, when they should be using Redstuff. Greenstuff will be just fine on his Focus.

Reply to
Nom