Brake disks

Does anyone know if the pug 306 XSI brake disks fit onto a 406, 1996 mk1 (15 inch wheels)?

I know theres a 306 that does, just ive find drilled and groved disks for the XSI for £54 soim pretty intrrested, i know the pads are the same.

Reply to
Cheater2k

Highly Unlikely.

The 306 XSI has the same discs that my 2.0 Petrol 405 had.

They wouldn't be upto the job on a Petrol 406, nevermind a lardy Diesel !

If the 406 and 306 do share discs, it will be the 306's bigger discs from the GTi-6.

Reply to
Nom

Check on Eurocarparts, see if the part numbers match up?

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Excellent idea !

Reply to
Nom

Its weired, i know the breaks are supposed to be the same as the 306, just dont know which model. might be the 1.9tdi version of the 306?

Its just the 406 discs are £170 a pair

Reply to
Cheater2k

You could try asking the parts desk at your Peugeot dealer if they are the same part number? FWIW I asked about doors for 306s the other day as my sister managed to put a bit of a dent in one on my mother's 306 estate. Estates are harder to find than hatchbacks from Mr Scrap round here so I asked a dealer if phase 2 estate rear doors were the same as phase 2 hatchback rear doors (I did know that they look pretty much the same - nobody seemed to think they would be). They are, and even more usefully he told me that phase 2 rear doors are all the same and that sedan doors are the same as well. The Peugeot dealer I went to is pretty good IME though, yours might not be as helpful.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

T63117D HANDBRAKE SHOES 406 WITH REAR DISCS FROM CHASSIS

80012041>RP07646 83.50 Add T62316 BRAKE DISC 406 15" WHEELS 19.00 Add T60117 BRAKE DISC 406 COUPE/3.0 V6 ALL 96> 30.00 Add T60108F BRAKE DISC-BREMBO'MAX' 406 90 BHP HDI 31.50 Add T60114 BRAKE DISC-FRONT 406 1.6/1.8 16V 14" WHEELS 19.00 Add T62314 BRAKE DISC-FRONT 406 14" WHEELS 18.00 Add T60308 BRAKE DISC-REAR 406 22.50 Add T62408 BRAKE DISC-REAR 406

Hows that ?

Ron

Reply to
Ronny

Mine are not helpfull, they argue with me everytime about my reg plate, they think its fake, lol

Reply to
Cheater2k

As I said, it's almost certainly the 306 GTi6.

Which is the same price they'll cost for the 306, for obvious reasons !

Reply to
Nom

Don't take that as the norm - usually Pug dealers are only beaten for s**te-ness by Alfa....

Reply to
Dan405

The 15" 406 discs are the same diameter but 2mm thicker than the 306 GTI-6. There are no parts, except maybe the pads, that are interchangeable individually. They are around £23 a disc for the 406.

Reply to
yeha

there not the same, the 306 are £54, like i siad b4 :p

Reply to
Cheater2k

Ill take a pair of disks then if there drilled and groved like i mentioned in my first post.

Reply to
Cheater2k

snip

My wife's cousin used to be parts manager/warehouseman type bloke for a Pug dealer.

If you needed Pug parts, you asked him. VERY cheap, brand new (boxed) parts appeared in your hands, and on the servicing invoice of someone who wasn't paying for their servicing (i.e. fleet cars on full maintenance, etc).

Disclaimer - I know about nothing illegal. I didn't type this. In fact, I'm not here. You ain't seen me, right?

Reply to
Jamesy

Er, read my post again.

And STOP TOP POSTING.