Brake pads time

Time for new brake pads on the TI.

I've been recommended the Ferodo ds2500 pads but I can't seem to find them on the net in a 620 TI fitment.

If I can't find any I'm happy with the current EBC Redstuff Ceramic pads and will get another set.

Any other recommendations and prices/suppliers for the TI?

Reply to
fishman

Honda NSX fronts i do believe if you can find the ds's for them

Reply to
Chet

Do the EBC ceramics work on heavier cars better than the EBC Greens? Greens for the GT4 were described by EBC as for "show use only".

I liked the feel I got from Akebono Ceramics, and I liked that my wheels didn't turn black every month which the Saab does now. But I can't get Akebonos from the same supplier, in the states, for the Saab.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Mintex M1144s (or 1155s). Love em

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Once cut some new pads for the rear of my gsxr11 from marine ply. Sprayed them black, went for an MOT and passed! Didnt work too good though... And smoked/stank when tested at speed.

Reply to
Burgerman

Better do at =A3120 a set!!

Reply to
fishman

You can get 10 sheets of 8 x 4 ply for that.

Reply to
Burgerman

Bloody hell. I've never paid more than £60.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Yeah well the TI shares front calipers with the Honda NSX but sadly, not the discs (sadly in terms of performance, not sadly in terms of price!)

Reply to
fishman

I'm doing me rears due to throwing a shoe.

Some sort of cheap pattern bits from QH or the like, 6 quid a side for the discs and pads, sommat like 8 for the axle set. A tad shy of thirty delivered.

Everyone whines that patterns distort, but heck, that's news to me and I put it down to running them in while new. If you continue to trigger the ABS it's hardly surprising they distort.

Anyway, who cares about rears, except when they're trying to chav the caliper, which I suspect would be a trifle more expensive.

Reply to
Questions