Brand New CORVETTE £17,790

I just did some pricing up... BUYING CARS IN THE uk IS STUPID... Its about HALF the price to import the same one from the US, looook!

Ist place I looked, so cheaper still may be possible but,

Kerbeck Corvette Dealer

2004 new corvette

Recommended retail = $44535 Their price = $36995 Less $2000 cashback deal for no finance. Less further $1500 for cash (no trade in question by email) Less 12% US purchase tax exemption because of export (Their VAT?)

Plus $250 for hand controls (for several reasons as you will see) Plus $1200 for shipping and insurance (to Liverpool docks) approx quote. No VAT because of disability VAT related exemption since hand controls fitted No car tax to pay as a "personal import", (only 2 per year allowed) No tax disk cost (disability exempt again) Registration docs by letter... DVLC etc nominal fees here.

Sorted = $32500 approx US Dollars plus a 130 mile drive home from the Liverpool docks on collection with a trailer.

According to

current rates, that's £17,790 UK Pounds for a brand new 170+mph 5.7 V8 Corvette!

OK so left hand drive, but who gives a shit! So are the UK bought ones at around 44 grand.

My existing one is here (still) that my gf bought me.

I feel a plan coming on.

Reply to
Burgerman

The $ is low against the pound everyone is snapping stuff up in the states, Ebay.com is my point of choice and as long as they deliver internationally your sorted.

I hope this keeps up

Ron

Reply to
Ron

i worked that out all by meself anyway, looks nice but yellow isn't my kinda colour.

plus there a lot smaller in real life aint they :)

Reply to
Vamp

yes lovely curves..

rolandr

Mmm but gone again! No HACKING!

Reply to
Burgerman

was that your missus? Fair play.

Reply to
rolandr

Yep, but at least they are clean and tasteful!

Reply to
Burgerman

Only one was and that was the others were a bit cheeky.

Reply to
li

No! Nothing naked or anything! Just fun pics... She likes them so they can't be too bad...

Reply to
Burgerman

Feel free to post more links if theres another series :-)

Reply to
li

Oh yes, the exchange rate is very good at the mo and I think some importers might be having a hard time with cars they've had sitting around for a while, and private sellers are finding their cars are looking quite expensive!

I would certainly recommend a 'vette, I'm sure you are aware there is stacks you can do with them to make them MUCH faster with less risk than the Jap crap.

Here's a nice one at 1500hp without nitrous, but a lot of modding!:

Gareth

Reply to
Gareth A.

Its my desktop 'puter. Theres lots. She likes photography! (!) But I cant show you. Sorry! She would not like it... Those ones she shows to others anyway.

Reply to
Burgerman