BTCC on TV

Anyone else watching this? 12:30 till 5:30 on ITV4 - all 3 races live, and Clio Cup, Ginetta Juniors, Formula Renault and Porsche Super Cup :-) All live! It's a good way to waste a sunday.

Reply to
DanB

I thought it was just me and my six-yr-old that were sad enough.

His Mums not happy though ;)

Reply to
Tony (UncleFista)

Can't get ITV4 here, and their Webshite is not as reliable as it could be :-( I shall be downloading it later from a certain website...

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

MSLP :-) ?

Reply to
DanB

Best go get some carbs in to clean on the lounge floor as well then - seen as she's already mad anyway...

I reckon those diesels could be handy at the faster tracks - and once they've sorted out the knackered handling/braking those boat anchors up front have caused heh. Also feel as though Chilton could've had 2 really good points finishes if it wasn't for him getting over excited and Matt Neal doing his usual cheating of just pushing people in front off.

Reply to
DanB

If you don't want to know the results look away now:

With race 2 over there's no doubt what's the right and wrong end to drive. Best start: Honda Civic (FWD) Best Lap: Seat Leon TDi (FWD) Top Speed: Seat Leon TDi (FWD) Winner: Vauxhall Vectra (FWD) Crashed: 2 BMW (RWD)

So it's official if you want to go fast get a FWD TDi. (Good news there Derv)

Reply to
Depresion

Very surprised that the Leon's got the fastest lap! To be fair, if it hadn't rained in race 1 Jackosn would've won by a fair way. And the crashed beemer wasn't *really* the beemers fault heh - someone just rammed into him.

Reply to
DanB

Both of them, the fun thing is I get to post that every year at Brands since BMWs never do well there.

Reply to
Depresion

Seat need to be a bit on the soft side for now both in BTCC and WTCC as there may be a mid season change to the diesel equivalency rules.

Reply to
Depresion

Nah, this one is a bit fishy ...

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

they had 2 guest VIP tickets from GMAC at work to go to that but you had to bid on them and i never got told about them till it was to late :(

Reply to
Vamp

If you've seen the TV ad where the bloke gets a set of carbs through the post and sniffs 'em, then offers his missus a sniff, I did "exactly" the same thing with a set of Fireblade carbs from ebay 2 days before I saw the ad :)

As long as I don't do powdercoating in the oven anymore she doesn't "really" mind most stuff :)

Reply to
Tony (UncleFista)

Oh indeed - can't wait for some of the northern races, even better there in person.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Is there still a UKRCM meet at Knockhill :D ?

Reply to
DanB

We're just back from a break in Cornwall where the hotel has a fleet of Seat courtesy cars. Had the use of a Cupra for a couple of days.

Uninspiring. Grim cabin. Was surprised to find out afterwards that they are

240bhp / 6.4 0-60. Felt much slower.
Reply to
Grant

Respect to 'Old Man' right now :-)

Reply to
DanB

I watched a bit of that "GT Racer" the other day on Dave. They were saying how if you contacted with someone hard enough to cause proper damage, twice, then that was it. You were out. Perhaps a bit much for the like of BTCC but it would stop them driving like wankers, pushing each other off etc. which is one of the reasons why I don't watch it.

Reply to
Doki

huh thats one of the reasons i do watch it :)

Reply to
Vamp

Same here, although I particularly enjoyed that 100mph+ Porsche crash, even though it was just down to mechanical failure.

Zimmy