buypartsby.co.uk

Anyone used this company? Thinking about buying an exhuast from them as they've given me a reasonable price

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

They're pretty good - ordered a Golf exhaust section from them a while back - it was in stock, cheap, and arrived within 2 days.

Reply to
SteveH

After 2 days of phoning and emailing lots of different people I've hopefully found a decent cheap 2nd hand one now, but I'll keep them in mind as a lot of their stuff was a good price.

Cheers for the reply!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

There brake disc prices aren't bad for my GT4.

Was looking at

will compare them and see.The front ones are starting to show a bit of a lip arround the edge, I have some pads on the way, so I might as well try to sort some discs and do it properly. Can't decide between standard vented and slotted vented.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Get slotted, cos you may as well.

Drilled discs usually crack (mine did) - slotted don't really have a negative side, if you can find them for sensible money.

Reply to
Nom

Closest to sensible money I've seen is a group buy from the ownersclub=20 with Dan from SRBpower.

Its for DBA RooPaws Series 4000. Looking at =A3140 for the fronts, and =A3130 for the rears plus =A310 deliv= ery=20 (vat inc).

Seriously thinking about it because while it is twice as dear as=20 standard types, they have a very good rep, they are slotted only, not=20 drilled, and are used by some companies as original parts on sports=20 models and by several Australian factory rally teams. They should go well with the Akebono Ceramic pads I've ordered, if the=20 PostOffice can get their arse in gear and get them to me.

BTW, DBA is Disc Brake Australia. Takes about 2 weeks to order them in.

--=20 Carl Robson "Sorry Sir the meatballs are orf" (The poster formerly known as Skodapilot)

Sleeker GT Phwoar

I wouldn't bother doing anything with the rears...

Reply to
Nom

The ones on my Ti are cracked?!?

Reply to
fishman

Er, you don't have drilled discs on there !

It *did* have Black Diamond Drilled And Grooved discs on - and they lasted a whole 14 months before they were shafted ! You're running EBC's Turbo Groove discs now :)

Reply to
Nom

The fronts are vented, the rears are solid, but the rear discs and pads are larger and used more than a lot of cars.

Front discs 277mm vented, rear discs 288mm solid.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar