C900 Carlsson Slant nose

In good nick, about =A31500-3k depending on how good. In mint nick, about =A34k max. The prices have gone stupid in the last few= =20 years. What colour is it?

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Playing at home:Switchblade Symphony-Gutter Glitter

Reply to
Elder

Red. Full aero kit. Looks rust free from what I've seen on it, looks pretty mint except the wing looks like it might have been bashed in a bit by the indicator, though they might all look like that...

Reply to
Doki

You'll get a good idea of c900 values via here:

Ken (the sane one)

If you have a piccy of the wing from a couple of angles I'll tell you.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Playing at home:Switchblade Symphony-Gutter Glitter

Reply to
Elder

"More than it should be" is the best answer. Save the money, buy yourself a decent "standard" T16.. IMO a lot of the "Capri 280 Brooklands effect" going on with the Carlsson...;-)

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

As per Sane old Ken's post ;) This appears to be a good one.

So good he kept it. This appears to be equally clean
but overpriced=20and maybe not a genuine Carlsson looking at the piccies. Wrong wheels,=20no stripe/signature down side (but they sometimes get removed when=20tatty), and standard leather seats, not Carlsson leather/suede ones and=20that doesn't appear to be the Carlsson Momo steering wheel either.This one also appears fairly clean
only one photo.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Playing at home:Switchblade Symphony-Gutter Glitter

Reply to
Elder

Snipped loads because OE is having trouble quoting your messages - I've seen that first car. This car may not be a genuine carlsson by the sound of it - got a carlsson wheel and full aero kit but seats are definately cloth. Had a look at the one he didn't sell, nice looking motor but you never can tell from photos...

Reply to
Doki

As per Sane old Ken's post ;) This appears to be a good one.

So good he kept it. This appears to be equally clean
but overpricedand maybe not a genuine Carlsson looking at the piccies. Wrong wheels,no stripe/signature down side (but they sometimes get removed whentatty), and standard leather seats, not Carlsson leather/suede ones andthat doesn't appear to be the Carlsson Momo steering wheel either.This one also appears fairly clean
only one photo.

Don't get me wrong, but £5500 for what is essentially a tarted up T16??? That's just outrageous. I think C900s are great cars, but f*ck me, I'd never pay that for one! You could get a standard T16 in VGC for less than £1500... what exactly is the difference? Leather, steering wheel and bodykit?...

I just bought a T16/Ruby mongrel off ebay for £500... it's in decent nick too - Carl, you know which one cos you posted the link originally. OK, it's not spot on like these.. but are the Carlssons really worth 10 times more?? I don't think so myself..

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Agreed, £5,500 is joke money.

Reply to
Iridium

Definately not a Carlsson, just looked at a few pictures. Looks like someone's swapped wheels.

Reply to
Doki

If you just want a 185bhp and aren't bothered about names, not worth it=20 at all. And that ruby mongrel, does it have the proper seats with the Zegner=20 wool inserts? They are supposed to be very, very nice.

A standard T16S with a redbox is good enough, or 5 doors if you aren't=20 fussy. A lot of hatchbacks I don't mind 5 doors, but for the 900, it has=20 to be the 2/3 door for me. Wouldn't chuck a 5 door out if it was for =20 peanuts though I admit.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Playing at home:Switchblade Symphony-Gutter Glitter

Reply to
Elder

You are so right there. Good cars, just about everything at just about the peak of development from the factory, but only worth what people are asking, because club members will buy them for that.

Reply to
Elder

If it is straight otherwise, could still be worth =A3500-1000 depending on= =20 specs and if you like it. Drive it first and give it some caning. Listen=20 for bangs and clunks at the front, noises from 3 and 5th gear, jumping=20 out of 1,2 or reverse, or hissing noises or not enough boost showing on=20 the gauge. Should go to about 3/4 orange to just under the red, less=20 than that and it is either leaking boost, or the wastegate actuator=20 needs setting for proper base boost (usually leaks are knackered vac=20 hosing).

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Playing at home:Switchblade Symphony-Gutter Glitter

Reply to
Elder

It's not for sale. It just lives on my street and is so straight and tidy looking that I'm tempted to put a "if you ever sell this get in touch" note under the wipers. There's another 900 and a 96 V4 on the next street...

Reply to
Doki

You should own one at least once. Even if it is a structurally solid mechancially straight old sheddy looking scruffy bucket.

Reply to
Elder

The sheddy looking buckets can be the most fun too, cos no one expects them to be *that* fast. :-)

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Aye. Not justifiable at the moment though because I've spent a *lot* of time on the Golf so it's never going to get sold, so I'll need the cash for a second car before I can have one.

Reply to
Doki

Like my old B plate flat front. Little rust on the tail gate. Little bit more at the front of the drivers wheel arch, and flaking laquer on the bonnet. The brake dust that had eaten into the wheel finish before I got it didn't help the looks either.

But I think I had (being an 84 B) one of the early T16s models with the silly cam. never did find out for certain, but it did a much better job of spinning the tyres in 3rd at 60 than the later one did. But that might have been the T3 over the Mitsu.

Reply to
Elder

I had a B-plate T16 4 door saloon. Possibly one of the ugliest cars ever made bar a AMC pacer :-) No real rust, very poor paint, the old horrible bin lid alloys that were in a state too... .awful looking car! With a tweaked APC and big injectors it was hellishly quick though.

It got nicked and used in a robbery in Preston!!

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P