Car for Dervy ? (actual modified car post !)

I have to say I'd love one, I've always liked the idea of a lightweight[1] "older" car with a modern engine in it :)

[1] Lightweight for now, not at the time :)

Reply to
Tony (UncleFista)

"the original 190 D was praised for its performance and refinement" - with a 0-60 of 18.1 seconds? Who was doing the praising, slug monthly?

Reply to
Clive George

I went to Rally GB in a Merc with that engine and it's certainly potent - shifted the Estate along quite nicely. I'd certainly like to have a go in a

190 with it bolted in ;)
Reply to
Carl Gibbs

See now that is my idea of a sleeper.

Just wonder how tricky it would be to stick the Daewoo built turbo diesel from their 4x4s into a non-turbo UK RHD 300E or 190?

Reply to
Elder

Not for me, but I'd like to do this using one of those psychopathic new Merc V8s instead..

Pete M

This one for me. Need to get a video of the finished article.

Elder

You know, I remember my first Mercedes diesel experience. 190 2.0D for about an hour on a German autobahn showing 150 km/h and I was sat in the back, an impressionable youngster.

Sure, it may have taken four miles or whatever to get to that speed, but it kept at that speed. :-)

Reply to
DervMan