Car insurance

Fooking insurance company have me over a barrel :(

Signed up with Esure 3 years ago, and 3 months ago someone whacked my car, it was a Royal Mail delivery van in our works car park, no problems I thought, just phoned Esure and they said it would be picked up and repaired etc etc. The thing was I was going on holiday the same day as it happened for 2 weeks, so I said can it wait till I come back, they said yeah...

So I come back off holiday and they come to pick the car up, but they want to take it to a Citroen Garage to have a new bumper and wing, I'm like "no way" would you take your Audi to be sprayed and repaired by a Citroen dealer????

So I went to Audi and got a quote, they booked it in but Esure said if I arrange for the repairs, I have to pay my own hire car etc, and my excess of

250 quid. They then say if I wait till they admit liability ( which the manager already has) I won't have to pay any excess to the Audi dealer.

So here we are 3 months later.. waiting for them to admit liability... Thing is my insurance was due for renewal last week, and they have taken 4 years no claims off and whacked my premium up by 150 quid, also I cannot go to another insurance company as they want stupid amounts to reinsure me as I have a "FAULT CLAIM" going through, even though my car was parked up at the time and some knob hit it while reversing.

Any ideas what I can do???

Reply to
Ronny

CALM DOWN DEAR! You're with esure!

Reply to
fishman

haha :)

Reply to
Ronny

Contact the Insurance Ombudsman and explain your case because it sounds like they are taking the piss. I've had some success with them in the past. Just threatening Firebond with the Ombudsman got my problems with them resolved very quickly... details here

HTH

Ted

Reply to
Father Ted Crilly

Why not? It'll be done using genuine Audi parts and a bodyman/paintsprayer is the same no matter what the dealership.

Can't understand this way of thinking.

Reply to
Conor

Both dealerships will probably contract the work out to the same bodyshop anyway.

Very few main dealers do body repairs in-house.

Reply to
SteveH

Audi in Bristol do all the work in their own bodyshop on Feeder Road,

I would rather take my car to a company who spray and repair Audis every day. I know the work is done properly then and some 17 year old trainee isn't going to smoke my car round the car park. It's a whole different ball game working on a VAG car then it is on Ford/Vauxhall, that's why you don't see rusty Audis on the roads.

Reply to
Ronny

Not be such a snob and use the Citroen dealer?

Reply to
DanTXD

Not a lot, it's quite normal for insurance companies to screw you over by classing all claims as fault claims until they can recover there expenses from the other driver's insurance. When it's settled they *should* reinstate your NCB and refund the difference.

Reply to
Depresion

Yeah that's all very well but in the meantime I cannot move insurance companies :(

Also did you know every time you even tell your insurance company someone has hit your car its classed as a claim, even though you say you never proceeded with it. You still have to declare it, and it costs you money :(

Reply to
Ronny

That's rather the point to it.

Reply to
Depresion

which is why you should have taken it to a no win no fee type place when it's an accident with someone else you don't know, that's what insurance companies are for my car was away for 4 months when it had a lorry reverse into it when I got it back the guy told me what had happened and gave me the details of the lorry driver straight on the phone to get it repaired via a local garage and got me a courtesy car too for 2 weeks never told the insurance company as it was nothing to do with me when it happened and they haven't mentioned it when I've gone for renewals either

Reply to
dojj

Are they still about these type of companies? if so can you give me some details of a decent one? I thought they were only abulance chasers nowadays :)

Thanks Dojj

Reply to
Ronny

i was lucky as my mates father in law dealt with everything he's now retired but a look on google came up with:

I'm sure someone posted a company here a while ago

Reply to
dojj

Just as a tip. No win, no fee companies do nothing at all for you and actually make your case less likely to win.

Go to the lawyers directly and you get the exact same deal but the lawyer doesn't have to pay 600 notes to learn about your case. And that inevitably makes them more motivated to take your case.

Reply to
Questions

HAHAHAHAHAHA !

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !

You're having a laugh if you seriously think you're so much better off with an Audi dealer !

Reply to
Nom

So far so good.

Great, so it's all sorted then ?

Duh, of course I would. The insurance-approved repair shop, is the insurance-approved repair shop. For obvious reasons, it doesn't matter one jot who the actual company is !

Fair enough. If you're choosing to use a more expensive repair shop, then it stands to reason that you're gonna have to fund the extra.

Yep.

...which is very unlikely.

Yep - because you have a pending claim. If it's sorted as a no-fault claim, then you'll get your no-claims discount back. You won't get the £150 back though - you've had a claim, so your premium has risen accordingly - that's how it works. Your 4 years no-claims is still netting you a 50% discount, from a larger inital premium.

Yep.

Erm, nothing.

If you'd chosen to use their approved repair shop in the first place, you wouldn't be in this mess !

Reply to
Nom

Yep - your level-of-risk to the insurer, is directly proportional to the number of "accidents" you have.

Reply to
Nom