Car Prices

The motor trade really is on it's uppers just now, isn't it.

Casually surfing auto trader revealed this.

I have no idea how good, bad or indifferent these are, but that has to be a cataclysmic level of depreciation in three short years.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Some people are still taking the piss though

Clive George

'Only 1 Owner from new'. Yeah, Leasedrive or sommat

Reply to
Abo

Hmmmm.

How do you define taking the piss on something like that?

OK, those wheel trims are s**te and need binning / replacing ASAP.

However, how the hell do you put a value on what looks to be a very minty clean, low mileage BX?

I can't remember the last time I saw a BX on the roads - so that may well be a very rare thing indeed - I reckon some Francophile will buy it at a price not too far away from the asking.

Reply to
SteveH

we've got a maserati quattroporte at work, on a 06 plate, was a leasing snatch back after the dude didn't pay the lease. been banging about the auctions for a while and last bid we had on it was £27k new it was well expensive lol VERY expensive, think around 100k and your close. also had a really nice range rover sport supercharged 4.2 V8 come back the other day on a 56 plate, last one of them we had down the auctions and was getting bids between £20-22k

small stuff anything under 2 litres is making silly money though! anything around the £3k mark trade is flying. every week we clear out the shit and get left with loads of new stuff that owe to much.

locally we've had a few dealers vanish already, lexus have gone, mitsubishi (our rival so good for our place) and audi not just laid people off but totally shut down. tis scary at the moment!

Reply to
Vamp

Mine's neither minty clean nor low mileage :-)

However a 16RE isn't an interesting one at all. Low spec, boring engine (neither diesel nor fast).

Reply to
Clive George

We gave up on cars about six months ago. Now just doing vans, that's it. Less profit but more turnover so we're surviving. I'm getting offered all kinds of weird cars for either bugger all or insane money.

Older Range Rovers seem to be firming up nicely, which is about the last thing I expected to happen, especially with the L322s dropping about a grand a week...

Reply to
Pete M

Bad form an all that, but I've just had to go and rescue a mate who yesterday bought an R reg P38a DSE diesel (with frankly mental looking

22" wheels) from the local 'free dag with every car sold' auction. £1500..

Shame it won't go over 35 mph. I suspect the air flow meter is kaput.

Now, who was it who knows a bit about the BMW 2.5 diesel disaster?

Reply to
Pete M

Some Citroen freak would pay that if that BX is as mint as it looks

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

I know very small amounts about them. I'm talking uselessly small - is it the same one as fitted to the Omega (in detuned form, about 130bhp IIRC) and the E34 525TDS, and possibly other BMWs too? I'm guessing the "full power" version has somewhere around 135-140bhp tops. Surely that'd be hugely underpowered in a Rangie, n'est-ce pas?

Reply to
AstraVanMann

I once had a BX 1.6 - genuine 25k on the clock from new. Bought it after I'd crashed my A6 and needed to provide myself with a courtesy car as I didn't pay the extra for one on the insurance. Just had a look on eBay for anything half-decent, and ended up buying that - I was ideally after a 1.5D AX just 'cos I fancied trying one out, but the one I was watching (and did bid on) ended up going too high for my liking. Got the BX for 400 quid, did a few thousand in it, and sold it on for what I paid. It was an "Athena" model, in the dark blue/grey type colour. Could it have been worth serious amounts more, or have they gone up in value a bit since then (2003/4 ish)? ATEOTD I knew I could have got a bit more for it, but couldn't be doing with the hassle....

Reply to
AstraVanMann
+AD4- I know very small amounts about them. I'm talking uselessly small - is it +AD4- the same one as fitted to the Omega (in detuned form, about 130bhp IIRC) +AD4- and the E34 525TDS, and possibly other BMWs too?

Innit the Italian designed engine ? The one in the Jeep Cherokee too ?

+AD4- I'm guessing the +ACI-full power+ACI- version has somewhere around 135-140bhp +AD4- tops. Surely that'd be hugely underpowered in a Rangie, n'est-ce pas?

Fuck yes.

Reply to
Tony (UncleFista)