car starter problem. URGENT :(

Hello all the experts out there,

I drive a 1.5L mitsubishi carb engine car, auto gearbox. Just now while the car was running abt 10km/h, I turned off the engine and took out the key, no doubt the steering started to lock, etc.etc. until the car came to a complete stop. The problem is, after that I couldn't start the car again :( I tried putting the gear into the 'P' and 'N' position many times but the starter just wouldn't click and crank. After many desperate attempts the car did start but now everytime I cut the engine I would have to try abt 5 - 10 times before the starter actually cranks.

What have I done? :(

Thanks.

Reply to
Brian Su

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Brian Su decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

probably either the inhibitor switch on the gearbox or a dodgy connection on the starter solenoid.

HTH

Reply to
Pete M