Car suggestions?

Need a new car and can't think of anything suitable. Have up to £6.5k to spend and ideally looking for something with 200bhp+, looks good, four wheel drive preferably but RWD is okay, reliable and not too expensive for parts. Not too bothered about age or mileage as long as it's not over 75k and doesn't depreciate too badly. Any ideas?

Reply to
James

Well someone's bound to say it, so I'll save them the trouble.

New-ish cars are a waste of money. Spend £500 and get a good reliable old Mondeo :-)

Peter

-- "The humble bic biro draws 13 beards, 9 devil moustaches and 49 penises on newspapers in it's lifetime."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

and ideally looking

okay, reliable and

it's not over 75k

MR2 turbo :)

Reply to
Vamp

You'd get a decent late S14a 200SX for less than your budget.

Reply to
JackH

spend and ideally

but RWD is okay,

mileage as long as it's

very true! S14a with probably less than 75k miles with change for a few mods :)

Reply to
Vamp

Jaguar S-type.

Reply to
SteveH

Yup, and scope for much modding too, if it hasn't already been tweaked. :-D

Reply to
JackH

Thats my line, mofo!

Reply to
Chet

Don't think you'll get the improved version for that, so a 528 would be a better car. Easily checked for the few common problem spots too.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

was :P

Reply to
Theo

WRX?

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

In news: snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk, Dave Plowman (News) decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

The 528 is better than the 520, granted.

I'd go for the Jag, or an E class Merc (but beware the rust on the ones after the W124)

Reply to
Pete M

Yep - a good choice.

Reply to
Nom

A Scooby fits your bill perfectly. Plenty about within budget too.

Reply to
Nom

nice 1993 model down my way, WRX turbo, 78k miles on it, a few nice toys in silver £6200ono

Reply to
Vamp

in news: snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net, "Vamp" slurred :

How bloody much?!!

Round here you can get a '99(T) WRX estate with 65k and FSH for just under £6k. '93 import type things are going for just over £3k.

Which means I can actually afford one... No! Bad thoughts. Diesel is nice, Diesel is nice, Dies.....................

Reply to
Albert T Cone

exactly what i thought :) guy is asking WAAAYY to much, been advertised for 3 weeks now

Reply to
Vamp

Just make sure the gearbox is ok. On the early WRXs they made them from glass.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Is he having a laugh ?