Carlton Diff (final drive unit) for FREE

I've had it sitting around for bloody ages now, and just want rid now.

Ages back, I had a 93/K Carlton 2.3TD Estate with a noisy diff.

I looked up the part number on the Vauxhall EPC system, and found out that early 2 litre Carlton Estates shared the same diff.

"Early" was defined as a particular letter in the chassis no being up to an including a particular letter. Let's call it L.

EPC also mentioned the changeover year. Lets say it was 1990.

I then found a G reg 2 litre Carlton Estate breaking for spares, and enquired as to this particular digit from the chassis no.

Lo and behold, this Carlton had a matching diff.

I towed it 50 miles or so back to near home, and politely asked a bloke I know if he could tip the car on its side with his hiab, and then get rid of it for me (i.e. weigh it in). He obliged. I think I gave him some wheels and tyres for the favour.

The diff (complete with both driveshafts) has sat in my garden under an old boot carpet ever since.

I span the driveshafts when I got it out, and it sounded quite smooth with no grumbling. The ABS sensors also appear to be in good, undamaged condition. I can't guarantee its mechanical condition, but it seemed alright last time I had a look at it.

I'm now after a new home for the old girl, who has provided years of service as an eyesore in the corner of the garden. Hopefully someone who can put it to good use, either in an actual Carlton (early 2 litre estate or late 2.3TD estate), or possibly in some sort of mad trike (paging JB...) or weird off-roader type project.

Money wise, I've tried advertising it for 50 quid before with no takers (not enough Carltons still about with knackered diffs that people care enough about to bother fixing), so the first person to come and pick it up that can put it to good use can have it for nowt, though a few quid to buy a few beers wouldn't go amiss if they're feeling flush.

It's located in Berkshire.

May the floodgates open......

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Try your local recycle.org list, or failing that, offer it on retro-rides.com

Reply to
Elder

Thanks for the thought Pete, but I only used the Carlton driveshafts for my trike and I've got 4 spares!

JB

Reply to
JB