Cars Bought And Sold in 2006 ?

Get the best out of two worlds.

My Elise is currently in his workshop. I refused a testdrive in his demonstrator, an S2000-powered Elise (he has 4 such beasts in there).

I know myself: if I drove that car I would want it too badly! Worse: I would feel not OK in my Elise (135 HP with some minor tweaks).

Mind you: currently scanning (low profile but scanneing nevertheless) for a S2000 engine ;-)

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Elvington is only an hour away... And I don't have a commute of any kind...

Mr insurance man says the S2000 is highly unlikely. Which is a corking shame. I quite like the idea of the rareness of the VX tho, I've only ever seen 2 in the flesh heh.

Reply to
Iridium

I know someone with an ERise. Sounds fantastic. His is a hard used car as well.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

There is a German who shoehorned the Audi V8 in the Elise. Got his adress somewhere. He went bust allready a few times.

This said: saw the S2000 in the Elise S1 and S2. It sat there like it was born there. And then the uppercut: there is allready a Belgian who homologated such a bugger. It took him 16 months to go through all paperwork and red tape. So it is legal in Belgium.

Hell, I mustn't talk about the S1 S2000.

Mine is coming back 8 of januari: 135 Sport version, full tuneup, some extra power, new suspension, new brakes, some stainless bits, everything checked and double checked, light flywheel and new throttle body.

The older I get, the more I become a kid. :-)

Cars bought in 2006? Several. Sold? None, this boy holds on to his toys, like to sit with them and tell them stories. GF thinks I am barking mad but I really like her.

Tom -makes a mental note NOT to go to a certain track day- De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Dude, you KNOW you're gonna do it anyway - just do it now ;-)

Reply to
Iridium

Pretty much. I've had all sorts of things. Charger is gone mainly because I needed the garage room. I like my cars fast, reliable and comfortable. Evo, STI and GTR have all 3 in spades. The japs make great cars. Easy to work on and go like stink. The days of me owning stuff like a V12 Series 2 Jag are long behind me. Thank god.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

You might have a point.

Remember the feeling just before opening a wrapped gift? Tearing away the paper even if you know allready what's in it?

A bit like when you favorite dish is served. I feel always guilty to start because once started I have touched, there is less and the end of the meal is nearer.

I like that feeling and that's why I will not touch (yett ;-) ) the Elise with the S2000 engine. The anticipation must be savoured. Call me stupid but that's who I am.

Happy 2007 to all!

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Hehehe :-)

Is it true it's illegal to use cruise control in Belgium?

Reply to
Iridium