Caught speeding :(

First time for 12 years :(

56 in a 40, caught the "old fashioned" way by a traffic car and a laser gun (Tomtom doesn't help ;). Boys in blue were fine about it, but when we were chatting in the car they showed their ignorance by telling me that it's illegal to drive on the road at all with no number plates on when I go to SVA my locost in 3 weeks. I told 'em I'd wave if I see 'em ;)

Shite...

Reply to
Tony Bond

Did they f*ck ;(

Reply to
Tony Bond

So they let you off then?

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

never be sarcy to a cop, kiss there ass and then bitch about them as you drive off. how i got off doing 105mph on the A130 :)

Reply to
Vamp

Never, _ever_, speed in a 40. It's just asking to be caught.

My route to work includes a 50-40-50 stretch through an area with a few houses and a pub, I'll always back right off there, even though I'll happily do 90 plus in the NSL either side of it.

Reply to
SteveH

Balls to 'em, it's a numbers game anyway, I'll just drive the way I have for the last 17 (probably average over 15k pa)years and hope for the best ;) I was actually speeding on the A650 around 2 miles out of the city centre, big, straight 6 lane dual carriageway with hardly anything else around, not exactly a crime against society..

Reply to
Tony Bond

I'd like to be able to drive according to the conditions, but prefer to stack the odds in my favour by only giving it some stick in NSLs. Even

60mph roads without the NSL sign are a risk, IME.

Having said that, the last nick I got was for 41 in a 30 between sets of lights on the bike. Was kicking myself for that, as I must have only been at that speed for a second or two trying to get some distance between me and the cars :-(

Reply to
SteveH

You'd have thought different the rubbish they peddle these days. ;-)

Mark S.

Reply to
Mark S.

Me to, and I got 6 points already :o which is my question, I believe I can afford to get one more set of 3 points to make a total of 9 right? I think that if you dont have more than 9 before getting another penalty youre ok, yes? Or is it going to be worst than that? Fuck it I knew this car would get me into troubles :)

Reply to
bIOforger

Yea its when you get to 12 you're in the shit.

Reply to
Dan405

phew, thx for the reassurance ;) Mindu I cant afford to get anymore, which means I'll have to drive like a feckin pansy for 3 yrs at least :(

Reply to
bIOforger

Absolutely - 117.5 on the A19....

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Track days.

Reply to
DervMan

Now all I need is someone to build tracks going to and from wherever I want to go...

Reply to
Doki

In article , snipped-for-privacy@spamtroNspidar.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

You need to work on one side of the nurburgring, and live on the other then. Sorted.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

That would be too awesome :) Your commuter car would be the uncomfy, stripped, fire breathing loony machine, and the weekend car would be comfy an loaded with toys and luxury :)

Reply to
Dan405

twisted :)

Reply to