Cavvy Running problems

Hey guys looking for some advice on a problem here.

got a midly tuned X20XEV running standard induction. and she has all of a sudden started idling erractically and cutting out every so often. one other strange thing is that when you start her up she runs as if down on power and the rev limit kicks in at 4k restart and she's fine ????????

Fixes tried so far.

Replaced split rubber pipe in inlet track(no leaks now)new idle control valve ran a pile of carb cleaner through the inlet as well as the T/B Even tried some comma injector cleaner in the tank all to no avail

next course of thought is onto the lambda sensor but anythoughts guys before i go shelling out ?????

Ta

Rob

Reply to
Rob

The latter bit with the rough running and rev limit sounds a bit like limp home mode. Has the dashboard ECU light been molested, is it illuminating? Have you tried asking your friendly local Vauxhall Dealer to interview it for free? Not that the system is usually very informative, it might give a pointer though.

Lambda could be it. Non dealer sensors aren't all that expensive (I think the one for my 2.6 Clarton was £40 or so) if you google for them.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne