Cheap conertable

Guys,

Can you please suggest some cheap convertables ie under a grand, and fairly modern (ie no more than 20ish years old).

So far I've got a 205 CTi/CJ, Renault 19, 3 series and Escort.

This means the MR2 *may* be up for sale (bloody women keep changing their minds!!)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Tell her to change her mind again until winter when it's cheaper to buy a good one!

Reply to
fishman

I can't imagine a sub £1K 3-series Convertible being at all good.

205 CTi or CJ, Talbot Samba Convertible, Mk 1 Golf Clipper/GTI/CLI convertible (best, IMO), the aforementioned 19 (elegant, but a bit crap), are the first 306 Cabriolets that cheap yet, they're on a par with the 19 age-wise... Punto Cabriolet if you can find one, Astra Convertible (the Mk 3 Astra Convertible is actually quite nice looking compared to the hatchback)...

Cavalier Convertible (if you can find one)...

Rover Metro Convertible (see above) (K-series powered. Fun little things).

Suzuki Vitara softtop.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

H plate XR3i conv :) in red or black

Reply to
Ronny

This is what she really wants, but I'm gradually bringing her round to the idea of a 205 :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

I dont think she'd be keen on it anyway.

Mk1 Golf - that's a good one I hadnt thought of. She likes the 306s - we looked at a few of them when we got the MX5, probably a bit too pricey still though. Will suggest the Astra too - can you get them with a digi-dash, because I reckon that would be a good plus point.

She wouldnt go for that

Good idea, had forgotten about them

Eeew

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

She wants the convertable for the summer though, as she wont be doing that many miles and misses the open top-ness of the MX5. In september she starts a new job that requires a 50 mile round trip a day, so will probably be looking into something a bit more sensible then.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

This guy has one for sale on ebay, bit of rust on fuel cap, but great project car imo, looks like he will take 900, power roof and the nicer

130bhp zetec engine :)

Ronny

I think Rob should offer his services as a counsellor!

-- "For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died."

Reply to
AstraVanMan