Cheapest, fastest, most reliable drivers car?

maybe not the s4 but it depends if he invested in an n20 system :)

Reply to
REMUS

Nah, this was Definatley TV, and as Albert said it was Clarkson, not Tiff. I remember seeing it on repeated on Clarkson day on UK TV people, when they showed all his Specials/DVDs back to back.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

So ?

Sierra Cosworth is dated old tat these days. It's not a "reliable supercar", and it's certainly not in the same league as the Audi S4 from his original list !

Reply to
Nom

Motion seconded, i've seen it as well, definate TV, and definate 106 GTi beating the crap out of everything :)

Reply to
DanTXD

Well an S4 isnt a super car, and I took his post with a pinch of salt since none of those mentioned are super cars. How much does an S4 cost second hand? £9k?

Like I said before I would go with the S4 becuase it is the best car on the list. I was just making suggestions since you arn't likely to modify an S4 but you could do alot with a cosie with £6k.

Reply to
REMUS

Never been in a 585 HP Audi S4, but have been in a 585 HP Cosworth endurance racer...

The Sierra Cosworth may be old tat these days, I am getting more grey hairs day by day. I drive my Cosworth rarely (about 3000 miles a year) because days after I still have that stupid big grin plastered over my face (and it has only 350 HP at the wheels...)

The Audi S4 is a nice car but has no heritage: it has never taken up the challenges that World Rallye and Circuit races threw at the Cosworths.

Plainly said: within ten years the S4 is just another Audi, ready to be scrapped. But a Cosworth will still be a Cosworth and all spares will still be abundantly available. Time and money prevailing it will still have more possibilties and a lot more power than the S4 ever had.

No mentioning that I know several people which care for their Cosworth (aircondioned garage, maintenance top notch, very limited mileage etc) while I know of no S4 receiving the same threatment.

To them (and a little to me) the Sierra Cosworth -those with the big wing as well as the later 4x4- strikes a cord, we have seen these cars perform on tarmac and gravel, beating the crap out of every opposition. Hell: we were young when the Sierra Cosworth was young!

It is heritage you pay for in a classic car and imho opinion heritage is the very same reason why a mint 1990 BMW e30 M3 costs the same or more than the newer M3 e36.

Ford is a strange company: they had affordable supercars like the Cosworth- series and the RS200 but they seemed reluctant to care for them. Opel is similar: the Lotus Omega was spectacular.

Both companies instead of keeping a flagship, a visitcard of their capabilities, neglected those cars. To the extend that one can do nothing worse (at the exception of hitting a tree crossing the road) than taking a Ford Cosworth or Opel Lotus to an offical dealer of the make.

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

I once saw an Accord Type R parked upto the back of the drivers seat in a TVR. I think the TVR outbraked the Type R as they approached the junction.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar