cheers mason!

i think it was mason anyway that told me about the window tint guy from the saxo forums a few months back. contacted him and he's in wickford, literately down the road from where i am!!!

windows will be lightly smoked sometime in feb i'm hoping!!

Reply to
Vamp

Lightly? Pah ;) Girl :D

Reply to
DanTXD

welcome ;o)

he is awesome. If he turns up in his car and it still has the tints that fade from darksmoke - mirror you may well change your mind on your selection.

Anyway he's brilliant. He e-mailed me last week saying "some random dude in an MR2 hunted me down...think it was you who put him onto me"

Everyone's happy :o)

Mason

Reply to
Mason

Ooh, let us now if he's any good, and the sort of prices he charges, as I quite fancy getting that done to the impending Mk4 Golf. :-)

Reply to
JackH

he's cool.

i'll post up a current e-mail address when it's a reasonable hour :o)

Reply to
Mason

Random is indeed a good word to describe Vamp :)

Reply to
Chet

His e-mail is

damanc at msn.com

Reply to
Mason

£25 squids per winda matey ;) he's only down the road which is really cool. hmmm the fade smoke tint would look fudging wicked!
Reply to
Vamp

So what's the score these days, with regards to the driver and passenger door windows - I don't want the full on coffin effect, I just want that bluey black tint where you can still make out the outline of the occupants - is this legal?

I only ask, cos a lot of stuff I've seen with tints recently, have tinted back windows, but the front two are totally clear, and I'm aware there were some changes to the law, recently.

Reply to
JackH

No changes as far as I know ?

Front window has to let x% of light through. Front side windows have to let y% of light through. Rear windows don't have to let any light through. x is greater than y.

The only reason things *appear* to have changed recently, is that the manufacturers standard tints, are pretty close to the above figures. Because every proper car comes with tinted glass these days, people have found (to their cost) that any tint at all, takes them past the legal level.

Reply to
Nom