Citroen Saxo VTR alloys!!!

If i were to put some 17" alloys on my Saxo VTR, its a 52 plate, would i have to modify anything to fit them on and lower them 35mm?? i was told i had to remove all the arch lining and roll the arches and remove the washer bottle.

if all this is true, can i not move ther washer bottle to another location? any ideas? and know of anyone who can do all this for me (roll arches, rehome washer bottle and remove mudgaurds from arches)?

regards

themarkyg

Reply to
-=TheMarkyG=-

It depends what size tyres are on the car right now. Go outside and look, then post the size - it'll be something like 185/55 R14

As above. Can't tell you without knowing the current tyre-size.

Bear in mind that you'll totally knacker the ride and handling (the Saxo's best feature), by increasing the wheel size and stiffening the suspension. You'll feel *EVERY* single bump in the road, no matter how small - and the slightest surface imperfection on a bend, will mean you either slow down or crash.

Reply to
Nom

You will only need arch work if you're lowering too, I assume you are doing this or it will look like a 4x4. Rears will probably need the most work, from memory fuel inlet for the tank will need squashing and the rear bumper bracket trimming.

You will however knacker the handling and put excessive wear on suspension components. Driveshafts are a weakness with big wheels too. A must on the Mk2 Saxos (2000+) is to modify (aka bend to f*ck) the PAS pipe or it will rub through and piss PAS fluid everywhere at some point in the next 6 months.

Don't _think_ the bottle has to be removed/moved for 17s ?!!?

IMHO 16s are large enough and as long as you use the 195/40/R16 rubber you wont have rubbing issues even with std bodywork, few people run it though as 195/45/R16s are far cheaper.

is full of people who've done this, and far sillier things, before :p

Adam M

message news:...

clip

Yup very silly :D