Classic Car hire.. straw poll.

Better not look at this one then, tovarich!

Willy Eckerslyke

Hehe - don't mention it! :)

-- Peter

Get Circumcised to e-mail me

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Except that there's a difference between "cars I quite like" and "cars I'd pay money to hire".

Reply to
Ben Blaney

It does.

That doesn't matter.

Reply to
Ben Blaney

If it isn't a 120L5, don't bother, especially if you need to do any A road or motorway work.

I loved mine, but it was to low geared for a car of that weight with a

1.2 and 4 speed box. The L5 made motorways a little more bearable and the 130 and above models made it so much easier.

BTW, stick a 136 motor in, and you can use unleaded without any additive. If you use a Favorit motor, I think you need to remove the spigot bearing from the crank end, and fit the bush from the end of the Estelle engine. Then it should bolt in, though you might need the sump and oil pickup from a rapid 136 too, although some people manage with just the spigot bush and carb change. Much better bolted to a 5 speed, although can be stuck on a 4 speed if you want looney acceleration in comparison to standard, but the same top end.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Willy Eckerslyke (oss108no snipped-for-privacy@bangor.ac.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

TBH, that doesn't "do it" in the same way as the other one did. Don't know quite why, but I just don't want a tank.

Reply to
Adrian

Anything will fit with a big enough hammer ;). There's someone putting a T5 in a P1800 in one of the messing with old cars mags.

Reply to
Doki

I spent Aus $440 on an Elise for the weekend. Some of the best fun I've had in a car with my pants on. The only problem is after driving it everything else feels like shit.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

That sounds like a winner. I was going to buy a Saracen for Aus$17k until the wife put the kybosh on it. Damn.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston